Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by George1949 | 2 years ago
Re: Contacting Scottish Power
Why do Scottish Power hide their telephone numbers on their web site? You would think that they would make it easy to find contact telephone numbers. I have had my energy from various providers over the years and I must say that Scottish Power are the most difficult to contact. I am at the moment being "black mailed" by Scottish Power to staying with them because they will not finalize by my Extra Energy account. Until this is finalized I cannot leave them. Shame on you Scottish Power.

posted by Fraz | 2 years ago

I has an email from Scottish Power to say that my current Dual Fuel Tarriff was ending in 6 weeks and that I  should go online to get a new deal. I have ben trying for weeks now at all different times of the day  to change my tarriif without any luck. I have now been put on the  standard tarriff because I could not get through on line to the change tarriff section.. Before anyone answers this email from this poor customer realtions company, I did find an number to ring and was told that I could only do the change online. Explained that I could not do it as it shows this page does no longer exist etc etc. Before you say anything the lady on the other end suggested I update my computer !!! I told her its a  a new computer with all brand new spanking stuff on it, She could not answerany furtherand would not deal with my change over the phone. I am  going to change now to another company.

posted by exextraenergy | 2 years ago

I had a complete nightmare contacting them about issues. Every time I called, I got cut off and they were taking over 3 weeks to respond to emails. They weren't sending me bills and, despite being with them for three months, I only just received a welcome letter.

So I left. It's easy and doesn't require any communication with Scottish Power. You just choose a new company and they communicate with Scottish Power on your behalf. If I were you, I'd just choose a different energy company with better customer service. There's loads that are also much cheaper. 

posted by CJLyon | 2 years ago

Its a joke, I have tried all through the day to get through and have had to wait up to an hour each time for a call to be answered, it doesnt matter what time of the day, even the 2.5 hour time for call back isnt acceptable!

I have been waiting for my call to be answered for 30 mins now as I type!

I will change over to another company at this rate because I cant stand this time consuming ordeal.

posted by horatio | 2 years ago

Huddersfield winning the Premier League is more likely than SP answering the phone. Absolutely dreadful customer service. . High call volumes throughout the day. Get your act together , employ more staff , or lose your customers.

posted by jklt | 2 years ago

Got through finally at 10:30 this morning. Wanted to find out when exactly my refund was comng after 2 closed accounts. 

2 months and no refund. After 30 minutes no joy and they cut me off!!

Called immediately back. Automated message said I would be called back between 2 and 3 pm. Finally received a call at 17:15!. Once received call was put on hold. Still waiting 20 minutes later. The worst customer service I  have ever come across. any company full stop!!

They owe me £120 over 2 accounts and are simply refusing to send it back to me. I will have to get the ombudsman onvolved. Disgusting. They agree they owe me the money but a glitch means they are having trouble transacting it.  Useless. 

JOHN

posted by AngrywithSP | 2 years ago
the lines are always "busier than normal". Comminication with Scottish Power trying to sort out a problem of their making is taking hours ofmy time and is very frustrating. I had to create a user name to register into the community - my initial names were all taken - I was suprised that "Angrywith SP" hadn't been taken also!

I have done all of that - and yet I find it really doesn't work. My anger and frustration have built up over several months - and still I seem no closer to getting a solution to a problem caused by Scottish Power.

I was persuaded to have smart meters installed in 2017. From the start I was never able to read them as the fitter said there was often  problem if the meter was too far away. However, after about a year - in October 2018 -  the Gas smart meter stopped working totally - resulting in my boiler and the gas itself switching off. We called our boiler maintenance provider at a callout  charge of £60 - who explained that the problem lay with a failed smart meter.  I was away and ScottishPower wouldn't speak to my wife as she wasn't the account holder. Eventually they relented - and she was then told  someone was being contracted to replace the ELECTRICITY meter!!! My wife called them again  and again Scottish Power refused to discuss with my wife - and again relented - and a gas fitter was contracted who came & said he replaced the faulty smart meter with a reconditioned / recalibrated non smart meter. The old meter had been reading about 4000 units, but the fiter was unable to take a reading as the screen was blank. The new unit had a start reading of over 15000 units. I was telephoned that evening by a very contrite person from Scottish Power aplogizing and offering not only reimbursement of the unnecessary £60 - but she made  an additional offer to compensate for our inconvenience. I accepted - but then nothing more happened! When I received notice that my fixed term tarrif was expiring in January 2019 I was reminded of the unfinished business - and have been trying to get a competent resopnse from Scottish Power ever since. I have spoken - after the inevitable interminable wait on the phone, e mailed in more detail than I'm giving here - and even now I'm using time waiting for them to call me back. I was finally driven to raising the profile by negative posting on facebook - this provokes a pretty rapid response - along the lines - "I'm sorry for you experience - contact us on private messenger and someone will look into it......." - just another way of throwing data into the black hole of incomptenece but avoiding the light of publicity!

I need to sort out the discrepancy in my meter readings since the Scottish Power meter failed and was replaced. I will then change companies - I've been with Scottish Power for 12 years - but it's only over the past 6 months - YES 6 MONTHS - trying to resolve a problem of their making that I've found just how awful their customer service is.

posted by Maryhen | 2 years ago

I recently moved to Scottish Power against my better judgement. I have been holding for over an hour for them to reply. I guess when my fixed rate ends, so will my association with them Their phone customer service is deplorable. At least SEE answered their phone within a reasonable time. Complaint will be going their way