Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Correct meter readings?

posted by morgan1981 | 10 months ago
Unsure if anyone can help -my electric meter readings have r1 and r4 next to them..can anyone shed any light as to which is which? I have provided my (I now think incorrect readings) and the bill is ridiculously high.
4 comments

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Re: Correct meter readings?

if you have a night rate like economy7 the readings are r1 day and r2 night.  Some systems use 3 readings and some meters can show a grand total of all of them r4?  Do you have a button on the meter which changes the reading?  Use readings that are close to your most recent bill and you will probably be right. Ring SP on Monday to explain and give new readings. 

posted by morgan1981 | 10 months ago
Aaaah-thank you so much!! I was having palpitations thinking this is stupidly high -and it turns out I was the one being stupid 😊 thanks again

posted by Joan613 | 2 months ago

I am writing rergarding account 16074935971

On the 28th February 2019 Scottish Power waas given a reading of 18549

On the 24th July 2019 Scottish Power was given a reading  of 18860.

On the 31st July Scottish Power was given a reading of 18876.

On the 5th August 2-19 Scottish Power was given a reading of 18882.

Yet they keep sending invoices with an estimated reading of 9th March 2019 - 23389 and on the 4th April another estimated reading of 24448. Both being wrong readings.

I have spoken to a number of people regarding this and all have promised to get this sorted but with no luck.

I did not even given the letting agent permission to change to you. 

T|he house has been empty since 28/02/19 and on the market with nothing switched on.

I ADVISE ANY POTENTIAL NEW CUSTOMERS NOT TO GO WITH SCOTTISH POWER AS THEY NEVER SORT ANY PROBLEMS OUT AND THERE CUTOMER CARE IS TOTAL RUBBISH.

William 

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

@Joan613   Shocking story, but no use telling the Community, I suppose you have already told SP in writing.   Your readings would not have been accepted because they were too far away from the estimate, but of course the reason is that nobody was living there. SP should accept that explanation and reinstate your readings, I can't imagine why they have not already done so.