Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit from old PAYG has not been transferred to smart PAYG

posted by badcrc | 3 months ago

I had smart meters installed 3 days ago, and as far as I can tell they are working. 

There was £170 credit on my old gas PAYG card meter, but the engineer only put £30 credit on the meter - so I'm £140 out of pocket.

How long does it take for new smarts meters to get up to date ?

4 comments

posted by DavC1 | 3 months ago
Re: Credit from old PAYG has not been transferred to smart PAYG

@badcrc   You need to check with customer services on Monday, but maybe your online account shows the missing credit??

posted by badcrc | 3 months ago

I clicked 'contact us' on the SP complaints page, and got an email 'ring customer service'.

I rang the number and got the usual we are experiencing heavy demand nonsesnse and requested a callback.

Half an hour later I got the callback and was put on hold. After hanging on for 10 minutes I was disconnected.

So I called again > same disconnection.  This happened twice.

Eventually I got a human, who said my missing £140 would be credited in 2 or 3 weeks. I doubt I'll ever see that money again.

Scottish Power's smart energy nonsense about 'only pay for what you use' seems to mean you've still got to buy gas even when you're months ahead in credit.

I'm switching suppliers ASAP.

posted by jnm1 | A week ago

I think the installion engineers just steal any over payments , SP dcould not care less 

posted by badcrc | A week ago

I eventually got the credit from my old PAYG gas meter transferred to the new smart PAYG gas meter.

SP dictated a 20 digit UTRN number over the phone which I entered into the meter. Meter balance on the app showed updated amount 1 day later.