Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit on pre payment meter

posted by Cy1918 | 3 years ago
I have switched to a different company and received my lastest bill which shows me in credit for over £200 . Is this what is owed to me or not?
10 comments

posted by Davc | 3 years ago
Re: Credit on pre payment meter

Good news , Credit means you are owed the money. Debit means you owe it to them.

posted by Cy1918 | 3 years ago
Even if its a pre payment top up meter?

If you do not think you are in credit by £200 then look at the bill again, maybe it says you have paid in (credited) £200 but have used electricity to that amount and the final figure is close to zero? Credit at the bottom line of a statement means they owe you that amount, but credit as part of the calculation means what you have paid in to pay for the power. Hope this helps.

posted by Tompop | 3 years ago
Hi ,my online electricity bill is showing over£2000 in credit ,im on a prepayment meter and have been for a long time, no debt. How can this be .it hasn't just shown up its been going up steadily for a few years,any thoughts. Thanks

Hi if you really have that much credit then you should report it to 0800 027 0072

I think  though that what you are seeing is the total amount paid in (credited) on your account and the bottom line probably shows you have used all that fuel and do not have a high balance remaining.  Pre payment meters do not build up huge credit balances. 

posted by Tompop | 3 years ago
Hi Davc ,thanks for the reply .looking back over statements, April this year had a in credit £2191.00 then a bill shows up for £622.00 (actual) and my credit drops by this amount so showing approx £1500 credit ,tried calling the number you gave me, in a queue have to call again when got more time .can't get my head around building up credit on prepayment!

posted by tgl49 | A year ago
Hi I know at this present time of great upheaval. I may not get a response but I have credit on my electric of over a £1000 i have been in touch with customer services 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing.I Need this as I have this as I am isolating due to medical condition. Please help

posted by Davc | A year ago

@tgl49      I think what you are reading as credit is the total of all the payments you have made on your Payg meter. 
Your available money for power is totally different. 

posted by tgl49 | A year ago
No they ha r been taking the last residents dept of my credit