Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Blank on Smart Meter

posted by anniezed | 4 years ago

I had smart meters installed a year ago but I forgot to leave my In-Home Display plugged in to transmit meter readings.  Today I got an email asking for manual meter readings.  I got one for my electricity but when I looked at the new gas meter the display was blank!  Can I just start using my In-Home Display and hope this sends correct information or do I need an engineer to sort out the blank display?

24 comments

Top answer

posted by DavidK | 4 years ago
Re: Display Blank on Smart Meter

Think there is a small black button just under the screen on the gas meter itself if you press it it will light up.

posted by tima | 4 years ago

Hi,

Are you happy with the Smart meter?

Have noticed any issues with your bills?Smiley Frustrated

posted by SteveP | 4 years ago
Not so smart (electric)meter fitted 2 days ago as of yet giving no reading completely blank?.
Gas meter should have been installed at the same time but was not?
Got to take another afternoon off work to have this sorted & probably won,t work either?
Not a happy bunny grrrrr

posted by Teddy2014 | 3 years ago
My metre has stopped working the screen is completely blank

I can't find a reset button i am 70years old and need someone to come out to it

My name is Mrs Josephine xxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

No I'm not because i am 70years old and don't know how to use it i need someone to come and show me as its not working and you won't get my reading

posted by Davc | 3 years ago

Hi Josephine. Scottish Power does not do home visits, see if a neighbour can help you. Are you talking about the hand held gadget or the actual meter on the wall?  And why do you need to send a reading? have you been asked for it?  On this forum you are not talking to Scottish Power, we are customers like you so we cannot put anything into action. You can ring SP on 0800 027 0072. But we might be able to help if you tell us what the problem is.

posted by colo1681 | 3 years ago
I am having issues . The display is blank and does not register has at all. Tried swiping off and moving it but still it is not picking up any readings? Any advice