Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disputing final reading on moving to Scottish Power

posted by Nefersmum | A year ago

I used the Weflip service to transfer to Scottish Power, provided readings to all parties but now Npower have mugged me for a final payment which is grossly over estimated even though I provided the necessary back in February.   I don't recall recieving any bill to warn of it but apparently they sent one.   How do I get this resolved?   Npower indicated that only Scottish Power can raise a dispute with them.

9 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Disputing final reading on moving to Scottish Power

I suppose SP has your correct Npower closing reading so they could confirm it. Npower cannot avoid your dispute though and they should respond to your claims. Did your final unexpected bill use the readings you submitted? If not why not?

Highlighted

posted by kellyjeffs | A month ago
I’m with u now but before was with bulb and they owe me £200 pounds I been trying to get payment back since March now they saying you have to make dispute with them can u help me
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago
@kellyjeffs. It makes sense that SP cannot help in your dispute with Bulb. Try the Bulb customer service team. Check that Bulb received your opening Meter reading from SP and that they confirm the amount owed.
Highlighted

I have told bulb this and they say it not true u have to do dispute just don’t know what to do now
Highlighted

@kellyjeffs   I think this might be about meter readings.  When you change supplier you give the changeover meter readings to the new supplier, SP in this case. They should confirm the reading back to the old supplier. If they have not done it tell the old supplier what meter readings you gave to SP.      

If this is not the problem you must ask the old supplier why it is that they are not refunding your money and ask them to explain why it involves SP. 

Highlighted

I don’t understand either they saying it a ofgem regulations
Highlighted

@kellyjeffs   When you switch supplier any credits from the first supplier are refunded to you by cheque or BACS.  Bulb and SP are separate companies and SP do not know anything about the credit status of your Bulb account.  There is some strange communication problem going on, can't you ask Bulb to explain why you have to talk to SP??

Rite they say that the meter readings are low so need me to send u piks of meter Readings so you can see if they correct with yours They say they have done this with your company before
Highlighted

@kellyjeffs   OK that is progress.  Take a close up icture of the meter reading on your phone and forward it with your account number name and address and an explanation to 

contactus@scottishpower.com