Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Do I Have To Wait for my Smart Meter To Give Reliable Readings?

posted by BigMarkB | 5 months ago

Dear All.

Just had our Smart Meter installed but i'm getting worried now.  It seems to pick up the electricity usage no problem at all, but the gas readings are off the chart (so to speak) already in a day and a half we have used £16.00 worth of energy according to the meter. However when I go into the settings it says that we are on a 1850 day period, waiting for supplier details and also a CIN. As there are no instructions supplied I am at a loss as to what the 1850 day period is, It says SP are the supplier and CIN is also a mystery to me. I am a bit apprehensive as it means that this month alone will cost me £400+ in energy and with no way to read the meter I have no idea how to prove SP wrong about the gas consumption. I'm hoping that it will sort itself out in a few days time but any info to confirm or dispell my worries would be welcome. Thanks in advance

3 comments

Top answer

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
Re: Do I Have To Wait for my Smart Meter To Give Reliable Readings?
I suppose you are talking about your Display unit? They give false data and you can ignore them. SP are trying to improve them.

posted by AlanDrake55 | 3 months ago

I had a Smart Meter fitted on the 14th of May, but so far I have not seen a bill or any meter readings, I am worried now because I used to send meter readings in approximately monthly and was told I don't need to do that anymore. when can I expect to see an upto date bill?

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

Hello Alan, with smart meters the billing cycle is quarterly, if you would like an up to date bill submit a manual reading in the old fashioned way. This should confirm that you meter readings are being received, as should your on line account data.