Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Re: Do i need to send meter readings if i have a smart meter? if not why are they asking me for it..

@Emmaemma    Telephone the first reading to 0800 027 0072. 

Highlighted

posted by TURNER58 | 4 weeks ago
Re: Do i need to send meter readings if i have a smart meter? if not why are they asking me for it..

I have a smart meter fitted by another supplier. I dont know how to read it properly. When I transferred to your company I requested that an engineer come out and check the validity of the meter. This has not happened. Please contact me.

Valerie Turner

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@TURNER58     It is a very common situation, you must go to the meters and take a reading from them, some button pushing is needed to see the reading.    Nobody sends out engineers to read meters everyone is expected to just do it themselves.

Highlighted

posted by Campion123 | 5 days ago
What's the point of a smart meter if you have to enter the readings yourself? I cannot figure out how to obtain readings now I have the smart meter and wish I had never had it fitted. I cannot find any instructions / guides that tell me how to obtain readings either. Far easier to stay as I was.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 days ago

@Campion123   Welcome to the Club.  Smart meters are much harder to read because you have to press buttons. If there is a number keypad press 9 to get the latest reading.  Once you have done it the first time it will be  easier the second time, but you must get used to doing it or you will get estimated bills.

Highlighted

posted by jeannieb | 4 days ago
I can’t read a smart reader it has no number 9 button in fact it has no buttons
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 days ago
@jeannieb. We are not talking about the Display unit, you have to look at the meters to take a reading. They really do have buttons.