Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Do i need to send meter readings if i have a smart meter? if not why are they asking me for it..

Hi Sounds like the smart meters are not working correctly. Just send in readings by phone. 

posted by Newbe3 | 7 months ago
Re: Do i need to send meter readings if i have a smart meter? if not why are they asking me for it..

Was told when switched I wouldn't need to send in readings

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Are you new to SP? Your smart meter will not be smart any longer and you need to send readings. Sometime in 2019 all smart meters will be adjusted to work with any supplier. 

posted by muzzer | 7 months ago

Ok the reason is the same as mine before .

It takes a while for SP to realine your smart meter with there software.

Esp when gas and lexy meters are installed at different times like mine.

posted by Sam1966 | 4 months ago

Do I need a new smart meter for my Scottish power duel fuel account, if I have one from my old supplier?  Seems silly to get a new smart meter, if all that is required is the reconfiguration of the one I have already?

@SueGarrett wrote:

Do i need to send meter readings if i have a smart meter? if not why are they asking me for it..

posted by jeannieb | 3 months ago
how do i get my meter reading from the smart meter

posted by jeannieb | 3 months ago
how do i do a manual reading

posted by ROGERGRIGG | 3 months ago
I had a Smart? Meter fitted on the 20th of August 2018 and the final readings sent to my then supplier extra energy who went bust in November owing me a credit. I was transferred to Scottish Power who have merely estimated my electricity bill and not my gas bill. I have no idea where they are getting their information from and on checking my on line account it shows a debit of about £450.
Scottish Power seem to be as inept as my previous supplier.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@ROGERGRIGG   Hi , your problem is estimated readings because SP cannot access your EE installed smart meters. The answer is to send SP manual meter readings. Look at your meters and press9 to take a reading. Send them in on line to your SP account. 

posted by Mrsflop | 2 months ago

I have switched from Scottish power and now need u to send my final  bill  yours  MRS L Brown