Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Mrsflop | 6 months ago
Re: Do i need to send meter readings if i have a smart meter? if not why are they asking me for it..
I have now switched from Scottish power can u sort out my final bill please and post to my address Mrs L Brown

posted by Mrsflop | 6 months ago
Re: Do i need to send meter readings if i have a smart meter? if not why are they asking me for it..

posted by pogburn | 3 months ago

One of the reasons I switched over was I was told I could use my existing Smart Meter now I am being asked to send  meter reading what’s going on.? I am inclined to go back to British Gas never had these problems with them.

Trying to speak to a customer aadvisor is next to impossible I think it is time to switch suppliers

Pete

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@pogburn   If your BG smart meter was installed before 2019 it is almost certainly the smets1 type which do not work when you change supplier. That is why you need to send meter readings to SP. 

posted by jimon | 3 days ago

why do i have to send readings whjen i have smart meters for over a year

posted by Davc | 3 days ago

@jimon   There can be lots of reasons why they stop transmitting, if you are asked for readings just send them and maybe the meters will start to work again.  SP do a lot of remote upgrades which can interrupt the service. 

posted by Jonnel | 3 days ago
@jimon Many smart meter installations just don't work - signal reception, hardware, geographic location, even something as simple as where they're fitted in the home or the distance between them can mess up transmission. But as energy providers get paid for every one they fit (by the government) it's in their financial interests to fit as many as possible...

... even where they won't work.