Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual tariffs and smart meters

posted by markos1972 | A month ago

Hoping someone can help out-received  text from Scottis Power this morning stating that current gas and electric meters are being phased out and replaced by smart meters.

My electricity supply is currently dual tariff,gas meter is a standard gas meter.

A while back Scottish Power sent me a letter about smart meters but when I put in my details I was unable to get a smart meter as they werent compatible with dual tariff meters at that time-is this still the case? 

13 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: Dual tariffs and smart meters

This subject has been discussed in the Community. Unless anything has changed recently SP do not have a dual tariff smart meter available although some suppliers like Bulb can provide this service. 

posted by forgotten | 4 weeks ago

I HAVE ADUEL FUEL SMART METER FROM BRITISH GASCAN YOU TAKE AREADING FROM IT TO ASSESS MY BILL.

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

No need to SHOUT. Your BG smart meter will not be smart when you switch to SP and you have to send meter readings manually in the old fashioned way. Make sure you do send readings or you will get estimated bills.

posted by paulden30 | 2 weeks ago

i have smart meters installed by extra energy

posted by Davc | 2 weeks ago

Hi Paul. Your meters will still record correctly but will not send data, so you must take readings and submit them on line or by phone.  Do send readings because meter readers do not call these days.

posted by lucyh | 2 weeks ago
I don't have a clue how to take a meter reading now I have a smart meter. it was installed by extra energy and I e just been moved over to SP

posted by Davc | 2 weeks ago

It is one of these things we have to know, like our parents did before us.  The electric meter has a number on it, the gas meter needs buttons to press to get the reading. If you don’t understand look at the help pages on th SP web. 

posted by befuddled | A week ago

I had smart meters fitted by Ovo and since changed to  SP.I sent meter readings but dont know if they are the correct readings as there are several day and night. 

posted by Davc | A week ago

You should check which tariff SP have put you on. If it is Economy 7 you need two electric readings, day and night.  When entering online the day reading is entered first and the night second, other boxes should have zeros. If you are on a more complicated tariff you need to ask SP.