Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO Supplier

posted by barry38 | A week ago
Hi, I’m here asking for information for my Dad. He’s 81 and (obviously) a ScottishPower customer. He’s living without a working boiler at the moment and he’s just come out of hospital. So, I’ve done a bit of searching around ye olde internet and a number of sites are telling me that he’s “potentially” eligible for a free boiler through an ECO scheme? I can’t find any information at all on this website... I’ve requested an assessment from Co-op power. Their link sent me straight to all the info. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks in advance!
6 comments

posted by Davc | A week ago
Re: ECO Supplier

@barry38   Sounds like you already have the answer from the co op.  SP and energy suppliers do not get involved with this, you need to speak to installers and government websites  Good Luck. 

Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Chrissy | A week ago
Hi
Thousands apply for the eco free boiler scheme.
You apply through direct gov website and an assessment is done and free boiler fitted.
My daughter had this in a house that she owned a few years ago due to having little money to obtain a new boiler herself.
Older people on benefits and pension are usually eligible for this.
His age and I’ll health should help.
Contact them today and you will get a call by Monday.
Good luck

posted by Davc | A week ago

@barry38   Excellent advice from Chrissy. Can you mark her message as a solution to the question please?

posted by barry38 | A week ago
Thanks Chrissy. I’ll look into that now.

posted by Barbara06 | 5 days ago

Hi

I told my sister about this as she had no heating and husband just had surgery.  She filled in the form, rang next day (Thurs) to do survey and check DWP eligibility and have arranged to fit a new boiler on Tuesday. She may/may not have to contribute £200 but this is nothing compared to how much she had been quoted for a new boiler

posted by Davc | 5 days ago
Great news about the ECO scheme, tell lots of people about it. Remember it has nothing to do with SP or any energy supplier. The heading of this thread is misleading it is not your supplier who provides this service.