Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by JamesT | A year ago
Re: EX-Extra Energy Customer How do I get my credit back???

I have had a similar experience -  no sign of my credit from EE , initially no contact from SP then a dodgy looking e mail asking for bak details and inviting me to check the validity of the number on their website - no sign of that number so  called , ,e-mailed - no response. next an e mail threatening a penal tariff if i didnt sign up to a DD. Finally spoke to someone and set up a DD but they refusd to tell me what the tarrif was. - Lodged a complaint

Recieved an enormous estimated bill  demanding full payment , called again and set up DD again.  Fast forward a month  and I get an e mail sayimg they assume i am happy now and will close my complaint unless they hear from me. I relied that they had not  contacted me or responded to the complaint not not accepting that complaint closed. Gave up waiting for them to get their act together and provide the credit owed and switched suppliers.

No response on complaint for 2 months then they take a mystery DD of over £700 so I escalate complaint to director level.  Within a few days a minion phones me , very pleaseant but not helping and just deflecting but she does e mail the final bills which make up the  huge DD. 

no response to the complaint but the "final" bills are based on estimated final readings  rather than the actuals provided at the time of the switch.  This seems to be a general issue - i work in a small office and a colleague has had the same issue switching away from SP

I wonder why Ofgem chose them as the supplier of last resort? they must have told a good story but they are completely incapable of handling the set up of what must be a relatively small numbe of account for a company of that size.

Highlighted

posted by chrisseybrown | A year ago

I am at my wits end with Extra Energy, Scottish Power, Resolver,  OFGEM and Citizen Advice. i went thru the same nonsence as most of you. Trying to get in touch with EE, Setting up my DD with SP and taking Meter Readings and sending them to SP. Did all this in January, despite this SP did not take any money until 28th March and 29th April. I am now in debt to SP for £409.85. I was approx £300 in credit to EE and was only paying £89 per month and i am now paying £104 per month. I have emailed and contacted SP who say it is EE administrators who are holding it up, i have tried OFGEM and Citizens Advice who both agreed with that assessment.  I managed to get the phone number of the EE Administrators 08009534774 and spoke to Tarmin and she informed me that ALL the investigations would be finished out in 1-2 weeks and the Credit would be sent out then by cheque. I explained that no money would be sent out to Customers as it quite clearly states that the Credit would be sent directly to Scottish Power. I will not hold my breath and would be very pleasently surprised if it is resolved then.

Highlighted

posted by jo-h | A year ago
I am the same so frustrated. No one bothers to update you. I cannot wait to get my money credited so balance can be sorted then I am off.
Done nothing but chase to get account sorted with SP. seems like they have done it on purpose to get you in the red so harder to leave.
Becoming a joke
Highlighted

posted by Marky | A year ago

I have noticed that when logging into my SP account that i am no longer getting the statement that mentions Extra Energy and that the situation would be resolved soon.  Does this mean that it has been finalised?  I was £1000 in credit with Extra Energy and now £600 in debit with SP.  I refuse to pay the balance as the EE monies should have been transferred long ago.  Has anyone recieved their credit balance yet? 

Highlighted

posted by Brassoboy | A year ago

NO - I havent received my credit.  I also responded to BBC Watchdog advising them I hadnt received any credit - nor information - where they were asking for feedback following their item on the show. Its all much too long a process. And yes I noted the info page has dissappeared as you log on to your SP account - perhaps they think we will go away quietly!!!

Highlighted

posted by Tennismama | A year ago

Typing this while on hold to SP.... gggrrrr....

I've since switched away from SP to Avro - I was transferred to my new supplier a month  ago.  I've just received my final electricity bill from SP however, the opening meter reading from 25th November is estimated despite me submitting it to them online when requested to do so.  The opening balance of this bill is £0 - no mention of a balance being transferred from EE!! How do I find out what my EE balance was on 25th November? 

I don't intend to pay a bill that's been estimated when I've provided meter readings and they've evidently "lost" them!! I can't get through to talk to anyone.  I'm so frustrated.

Highlighted

I watched the Rip Off Britain Episode where some director of Scottish Power said that finally they had  received the information from Extra Energy and would be able to start sending out bills that include the Refunds that we are due. Hopefully we then will be able to find a reasonable Power Supplier that has the customer interests at heart. Anyone know of one, please let usn know so we can change as well?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Chrissey, Did you mean Watchdog?  The director said that they had not received all the data from EE but hoped to have it by the end of August. If it was also covered by Rip off Britain as well, let us know which episodes, I just scanned 3, 4 and 5 but did not find it.

Highlighted

posted by Gazza26 | A year ago
Just got off Web chat. Asked for an update on monies owed by EE. Was informed from next week the final EE statements will be issued payments and statements will be issued by 1st of August. This came from an agent named Deepjyoti Chowdbury who informed me this was hot off the press. Watch this space..... I'm not over confident.
Highlighted

Hi Davc,

You are right it was Watchdog, after i posted the mesage i check Rip off Britain episodes and could not find it myself.

I hope we will soon see the end of this long dark tunnel, and as soo as i get my money i am off.

I saw an interesting app that changes your energy provider automatically i think it is called Look after my Bills.

If anyone knows if it is good or NOT please reply hear so we can all see if it is ok?

Good Luck guys and gals

Regards...Chris