Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX-Extra Energy Customer How do I get my credit back???

posted by dhphoto | 10 months ago

Joined Scottish Power couple months ago from Extra Energy

Then find ExEn have gone bust with my £300+ credit, how do I get this back?

I filled in the ScottishPower online form for Extra Energy customers with meter readings but I already have a different SP account! The form didn't seem to know this.

What do I do??? Trying to actually speak to someone at Scottish Power is more or less impossible and there is no email available and Twitter don't reply.

75 comments
Highlighted

posted by Gigi | 8 months ago
Re: EX-Extra Energy Customer How do I get my credit back???
I'm in the same boat. I've heard nothing since giving my meter readings, I've not paid any energy bill since Oct now. Worried a massive bill is on its way!!!

posted by BIGTAITY | 8 months ago

I am fed up waiting for my paperwork from SP regaurding my extra energy account, the only comunication i have had is an email wanting me to set up a standing order which i cannot reply to. how do i talk to some one about this?

posted by tka14 | 8 months ago
Me too - I am an ex Extra Energy customer and although I have had email saying I am now switched to SP there is no information about a bill or balance on my on line account, no direct debits taken and like you as a senior citizen I am worried about a big bill on the way. I put my readings on-line and SP confirmed they had been received on Sat. 8th December. When can I expect to have a bill and the first direct debit taken from my account please?

posted by tka14 | 8 months ago
I see you posted your query a week ago - is anyone going to reply to our queries?

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
Hi tka This customer forum cannot answer account questions, we offer advice and help but we are not ScottishPower. Ask SP direct by phone or email.

posted by bri | 8 months ago

Seems to be taking a very long time to set anything up from those who transferred from extra.  I had nearly £500 credit.

I was able to cheat and create an online SP account as the very long link in the email to set up your DD very obviously had your account number at the end.

My DD is set £2 a month as default, not set to take until mid Feb so have yet to pay a penny for anything I've used over winter, doesn't seem to be on the special Tariff that was agreed for extra customers and there's no sign of any credit balance.

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

Looks like they are using your credit as payment for now. 

posted by CEMT | 7 months ago

How do you get a reply from Scottish Power? When I managed to contact them at the beginning of January following their request that I set up a Direct Debit they told me that Ofgem had extended the time that they had been allowed to send notifications etc until the end of January. It is now well into February and still nothing from them. I was assured that I was not  tied into any agreement and would have the option to change to another tarif/supplier when all the information was available to me. I have tried to contact them again and there is now a recorded message saying that Extra Energy customers should wait for their welcome pack and that no operatives will be able to give any information. Sign upto with Scottish Power?? I don't think so!!!

posted by DorsetGirl50 | 7 months ago

I guess I am another customer in the same position!!!  Big credit on Extra Energy.  Submitted meter readings,  Confirmed bank details.  No credit returned.  No payments taken.  If I get through on the phone they can't help; sometimes I just get cut off as they are dealing with  a high call volume.  Emailed "contactus" address - they just give me the phone number that is too busy!  Just at a loss what to do.  This is a total scandal; all the while I am stuck with a tariff with Scottish Power that I do not want.