Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by dhphoto | 7 months ago
Re: EX-Extra Energy Customer How do I get my credit back???

Yes, Scottishpower haven't taken my direct debit for three months, despite me contacting them and asking them to so I don't get cut off.

Nothing about Extra Energy either, it's a complete disorganised mess

Plus my meter is faulty with the low night readings not working, they have missed two appointments to change it 'because I'm not on the system yet'

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

SP are overwhelmed setting up new EE accounts. It looks like they have decided not to refund credits but to use the money against future bills. It is very annoying for EE customers. Meanwhile EE customers do have fuel and the bills when they start to come should be at a normal level, although if you did not have credit with EE and have not paid SP for some time you can expect a substantial catch up bill. The answer sadly is to be patient and save enough money to pay off the bills when they start to arrive. 

posted by LynDave | 7 months ago

In the same  boat,cant get any response from S/P. They have taken first payment of £106.60 and according  to my account still in debit of over £400.00 . I eventually got in touch by phone, after 40 mns. to be told that my credit fron E/E, was £106.60 . I infomed them that this was the amount of direct debit they had just taken . The reply was well you are a new customer and we dont have a lot of information on your account and unable to help you. 

@dhphoto wrote:

Yes, Scottishpower haven't taken my direct debit for three months, despite me contacting them and asking them to so I don't get cut off.

Nothing about Extra Energy either, it's a complete disorganised mess

Plus my meter is faulty with the low night readings not working, they have missed two appointments to change it 'because I'm not on the system yet'

posted by CEMT | 7 months ago

I just want to be able to set up an account with someone other than Scottish Power!

posted by rodd | 7 months ago

Hi All,

Same situation for me.  Substantially in credit when Extra Energy went bust and got transfered to Scottish P.  Direct Debit set up in Jan and seems to be working but not had any info re my Extra Energy credit yet despite several contacts with SP during Jan. Always the same answer account not yet set up. Welcome pack will be sent out in a couple of days but as yet nothing. I guess we will just have to wait until they get their act together. Good luck everyone in getting your credi and transfering out when the debacle is finally sorted.

posted by tombar | 7 months ago

I’ve had my account set up and paid direct debit for one month, but the current bill doesn’t show any credit from extra energy and claims I’m £292 in debit when I should be well in credit. Wasted half a day trying to find contact details, then went on Facebook and they are supposed to be looking into it. I’ll believe it when I see it....

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
@tombar. Read the comments on this forum, your EE credit depends on the liquidators, reported to be 2 weeks away from being completed.

posted by tombar | 7 months ago

This is from the Ofgem site: Your new supplier will pay back the outstanding credit you may have.

posted by MRSpB | 7 months ago

I have not heard any thing about getting my credit back from extra energy, no welcome pack and set up new direct debit with scottish power and now no money taken, but a £550.00 bill.

Poor communicaton and not at all happy with the service . GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PLEASEAS IT IS BRAND DAMAGING FOR YOU !

Highlighted

posted by MRSpB | 7 months ago
I agree it is a bit of a worry, even though I was in credit by 300.00 with extra energy.