Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by CEMT | 9 months ago
Re: EX-Extra Energy Customer How do I get my credit back???

I contacted Ofgem as I am so dissatisfied with the service from Scottish Power (the company appointed by Ofgem to take care of the Extra Energy customers!) and received this reply on February 21st:

Thank you for contacting Ofgem.

All accounts should be fully transferred by now. If yours hasn’t been, you should raise this as a formal complaint with ScottishPower directly by following their internal complaints procedure. If your complaint is not resolved within eight weeks, or sooner if your supplier says it can do no more, you can ask the Ombudsman to investigate your complaint.

The Ombudsman has a range of remedies at its disposal including the award of compensation; its decisions are binding on the company but not on the customer.

Should you require advice, you may wish to contact Citizens Advice consumer service. The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues. For further information please visit their website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 040506.

I'm not sure whether this will be useful to anyone who is struggling getting any constructive information. I will not be bothering to raise an official complaint. I am not waiting for Scottish Power any longer - I am moving to another sipplier.

Highlighted

posted by misspea | 9 months ago

I have also initiated a switch which seems to be going ahead efficiently. If I am going to lose my credit from EE at least I know I'm paying less each month from now on to a company that hd kept me more informed in 2 weeks than SP has in 4 months - including a welcome pack ,which SP has still yet to send me.

posted by Angry01 | 8 months ago

We had a large credit with Extra Energy and I eventually got to somebody at Scottish Power in 'domestic credit' -Alister - who agreed my figures and said it would be refunded as soon as an account was confirmed.

Since then with numerous calls, nobody else can now find our credit. Our account shows a debit amount, which is crazt.  Where did our credit  disapear to ???

Total farce

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

Hi Angry, just guessing here but your EE credit has been used to pay part of your SP bill and you still owe an amount for Nov to March?  Your bill will show a statement of credits and debits, you can read it in your online account. 

posted by DanMan | 8 months ago
I have raised a complaint as still they are unable to advise my credit from EE. 2 weeks later and numerous calls chasing I still have had no response. Not even a welcome pack as yet. I also gave them smart meter readings in November. They couldn't even apply the correct readings. I submitted more last Friday and it generated a bill in excess of £1600. Which I will not be paying. I have never dealt with such a useless company before. Customer service is atrocious. Every time I call and eventually get through after half hour minimum waiting. The staff still can't advise on what is going on. Just worried now that the longer this goes on the bigger bill I will receive when they actually sort the meter reading out etc. Not Happy.

posted by Swiftcliff | 8 months ago
I am also an Ex extra energy customer and I don't know whether I am coming or going. I have had mixed messages first they said I would be paying £109 to be taken on 1st Feb and nothing was taken so I rang and made a payment over the phone. Next they said my payment would be £78 to be taken on 25th Feb and again nothing was taken, they then said it will be taken on 1st March and guess what nothings been taken. They say I have been placed on a tariff called Online exclusive fixed until Jan 2021 and as yet I have been unable to obtain any details. I could carry on with more complaints but I don't want to because I am absolutely fed up.

posted by misspea | 8 months ago

I decided to risk losing the credit and initiated a switch. Tonik has been everything SP hasn't. SP emailed me my final balance overnight and it's about what I was expecting. I will let the payment be taken on the date they say (28th) and if in the process of closing my account I lose my EE credit I'm willing to take the hit. Having said that, it is £125 +pence that I'm owed so I very much hope SP will honour their more recent promise that credits will be paid into accounts by the end of this week. Mind you, conversations with SP are rather like the Brexit votes - promising much and delivering nothing but confusion.

posted by Dhillon | 8 months ago

I am ex Extra Energy customer, transferred to SP by default. I received an email for final reminder of a bill from Scottish Power. In fact it was the first time I was reminded of a bill. I logged into my account and found a bill of a total £781.70 for energy consumption between 25th November 2018 and 12th February 2019 when I switched to another energy supplier. 

Having checked the readings they were incorrect as I had dated photographes of my meter  readings. I called SP and advised them of the correctmeter  readings and asked for a revised bill. After a week I now have a new bill with the updated bill of £593.95 based on correct readings but new higher tariff rate than I was paying at Extra Energy. 

So the above bill is more or less accurate based on a higer tariff that I did not sign up for. Moving on, I am owed credit from Extra Energy as I used to pay £186/month direct debit and was always in credit. SP have no idea about this and what my credit balance is. Surely they need to ofset this credit from my bill before demanding that I pay the balance. Instead they want me to pay in full as above and no help on getting  my credit back. OFGEM clearly advise that SP are responsible to return credit from Extra Energy accounts to customers. This is a shambles and needs to be resolved. 

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

Hi Dhillon, Yes the whole EE/SP saga has been chaotic, but you will get your refund for EE credits by cheque when EE auditors inform SP of the accurate closing balance of your EE account. Meanwhile your SP bill sounds high but about right, SP never claimed it would match EE prices.

posted by Kitty123 | 8 months ago
Been waiting for my credit about £200 from EE..nothing in my account owe over £200 now .. discusting and paying more per month with SP ..need to get there act together feel like AVE ad my credit stolen