Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 2 months ago
Re: EX-Extra Energy Customer How do I get my credit back???

@chrisseybrown   Thanks for your reply. It is really nice of you  to explain. The credits have started to be repaid, so I hope your account is done soon. I have seen the app that choses suppliers, no need to distrust it,but I  look on one of the big comparison sites, The Meerkat, Confused, Go Compare etc.

posted by chrisseybrown | 2 months ago

Hi Guys,

I got a call from Scottish Power Customer Sertvices today and they confirmed that it is being sorted and everyone should hopefully get their refunds by August, to be honest i dont think many will get cash back just your bill will be reduced by the amount that EE owed us. He gave me this number 08005053318 to call for more information on they progress of my refund.

He said that some will get their adjusted bills sooner than others hopefully the luck ones will starting  getting their very soon.

I will post when i get what should be my final bill and i can start the hunt to change over.

cheers...Chris

posted by Marky | A month ago
Folks I just contacted SP and asked for an update. Similar to the previous posts i have been informed that they have started the process of paying out credit customers by adding the balance to the SP accounts. Statement from Anish via their online chat is that they will have all credit payouts completed by August 10th 2019. Ridiculous that it takes customers to do all the leg work to get status when a simple monthly email to EE customers could easily avoid the frustration. Not only are they inept at this, i am also having issues with them paying out my FIT for my PV system......possibly the worst energy supplier on record.

posted by misspea | A month ago

I was £125 in credit when EE folded. I've had an email from SP saying I've a credit of £27 owed to me.

To be honest, I'd given up hope of receiving anything and switched back in December.

Wonder what happened to the extra £98. 

posted by Davc | A month ago

@misspea  A few people have complained their EE credit was less than expected. The auditors have to take your last meter reading or bill and forecast forward to the actual transfer date, so your most recent bill might have said one amount, but the calculation to the transfer date would be lower because of the fuel you used leading  up to the final date.  I’m not excusing this whole process which has been dreadfully slow but I hope it explains why you do not get as much as your last EE bill stated. 

posted by misspea | A month ago

Thanks @Davc . I was one of the lucky ones who had an account set up immediately and made DD payments immediately. According to my payment record I paid fully for my fuel from my regualr payments from the start. I wasn't expecting to need to contribute anything. Anyway, it'll pay me for a takeaway and it will be nice to be rid of this whole sorry saga.