Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by copels | A year ago
Re: EX-Extra Energy Customer How do I get my credit back???

Thanks Dave. My understanding is that I can switch if the balance I owe is less than 28 days. The due date on the first invoice they sent me was 27 days ago.

I accept that I will have to pay something for fuel between 25 November and today but my concerns are:

1 - How do I know the meter reading was correct as of 25 November? Can SP just use an estimate and how did they determine this?

2 - Why did SP put me on a tarrif that is som much more expensive than the tarrif I was on with EE without my consent.

3 - Where is the credit SP owe me from my EE account and how do I know they will credit me the correct amount now I can no longer access the EE portal? As you say winter is the most expensive and my DD would have been building for this up to November at £310 a month. 

Highlighted

posted by Brassoboy | A year ago

Hi all. I phoned the administrators Price Waterhouse Coopers (020 7583 5000) last week - they said that nothing had been finalised with regard to any EE credits but that we may hear of any results in approx 4 weeks time .. and wait for it .. and ONLY through Scottish Power!! They did state however that we WILL receive our credits ...So by the end of April ... perhaps we will have our money back .... but dont hold your breath!!!

Highlighted

posted by cornsnake47 | A year ago

it is now nearly six months since extra energy went bust, has any one had the money thay were in credit with them back from scottish power, its going on far to long, any one got a phone number that we all could ring to chase things up.    

regards  john

Highlighted

posted by Brassoboy | A year ago

Hi John ... may be an idea to call Price Waterhouse again - according to my call to them 4 weeks ago we should be receiving our money back NOW!!   No sign of anything on my account with SP tho :-(

Highlighted

posted by cornsnake47 | A year ago

this is the latest on extra energy  , you should all get any credits due at the end of may2019  ,as prise waterhouse were given a 6 months contact to sort every thing out  and that runs out at the end of may,     i do not under stand why we were not told this in the first place  

john

Highlighted

posted by sumisrar | A year ago

First of all thank you for continuous update on the topic and specilly to John who is making an effort to chase them.

I have very little hope in this and cause scottish power is so expensive I have already said good bye to them.

I do not know how I'll get my refund. My account was in credit in November with more than £200+

Highlighted

posted by KevinT2 | A year ago

I was trasfered to SP on the 25th November 2018. SP have never sent me any welcome pack or any paperwork of any kind! I followed the instructions given and sent meter readings an dselected a fixed term tariff with no exit fees. One week later I was conted by phone and the agent tried to put me on a different tariff which Had exit fees, I told him that if he was to check the records he would see that I was already registered with my chosen tariff. He then asked me to give my bank details I again directed him to their records. It took them until February to take a direct debit leaving me owing them a high debit against my account. I have a large credit with EE but on contacting them last week they informed me it will be another 6 to 8 weeks before it is all sorted. Can`t argue they won`t give any sensible reason for it apart from the software is no good for the job? It was fine for EE to produce bills and statements? It is strange that when you have a poor experience with customer service they never invite you complete a survey but when it is satisfacory the survey request arrives within minutes? Will just have to wait for my rebate from EE then look around. Good luck everyone.

Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | A year ago
@KevinT2 You don't have to wait for your ExEn money before switching from SP but you will have to pay them for the energy you've used since November last year up till any switch date. Check your new no-exit-fee SP tariff to see if you like it, and that you're actually ON it, then decide. The smart money thinks ex-ExEn customers who stay with SP will get their ExEn credit balances back as an SP credit against on-going bills, rather than as cash, whereas those who leave SP will be sent a one-off cheque for it all, probably sometime in the autumn. Your call.
Either way, you'll still have to pay SP for the energy you've used since you've been with them.
Highlighted

posted by MD15 | A year ago
I’m in the same boat as a lot of you. Was switched over to Scottish Power in November. Was paying £160 per months DD with EE. When I realized I’d been switched (as all info was emailed and not something I check often) I’d accumulated a £600 bill from SP, submitted meter readings only for that to increase to £800+. I paid this up by end April only for them to now hit me with a further £200+ bill last week that they want paying by 20th May. So that’s more than £1000 in 5 months.... I just don’t know what to do.

Have no idea what credit I had with EE, although I’m fairly sure I should have been in credit as barely used any heating over May-September 2018.

Scottish power seems ridiculously expensive. I just can’t pull hundreds of pounds out a month when I’ve been used to less than that.

Really need to hear something back from EE re credits then I can switch providers. Think SP have just put us all on expensive tariffs by the sounds of it, caught us unawares thinking we’d be paying roughly the same prices as we were with EE!
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hello MD, If you paid EE 160  a month that is 1920 a year and most of that cost will be in the winter months,  well over a 1000. So SP is  probably quite similar if you have been charged 1000 for Nov to May, you need to look at the p/kWh rates you are paying now and what they were with EE to really see the difference. Yes SP is more expensive but I reckon not more than 20% - check it out.