Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early exit fees

posted by kyra | 3 months ago

Hi i'm on the  Help Beat Cancer Fixed Saver June 2021 Online tariff.  I was wondering if there is any early exit fee, say if i want to leave a year into the contract??

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks.

4 comments

Top answer

posted by Jonnel | 3 months ago
Re: Early exit fees
@kyra It'll say on your bill - the proper paper one, or the online one from the full website. Don't bother with the app... too streamlined, too hacked-to-bits-to-make-it-fast-and-small to be of any use.

Legally, they have to tell you of any exit fees liable for the tariff you're on.

posted by kyra | 3 months ago
Thank you Jonnel. The email says this: 'Exit Fee - If you switch supplier more than 49 days before the tariff end date
Not applicable'. Does that mean there is no exit fee if i leave early? I wouldn't be switching the supplier but just ending the contract.
Thank you.
Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | 3 months ago
@kyra If you're on a 2021 end-date fixed-term deal, and more than two weeks into it, then I'd say yes, you're liable to be penalised with exit fees to come out, which are usually £30 per fuel.

But if you talk to customer services and switch to another tariff with SP rather than switch suppliers, you might be able to get them to waive the exit fees - they like to keep customers - and get on a better tariff for you. So could be a win/win for you.

Just listen to, and understand, the terms they offer for the new deal so you know what you're getting into, and if you can, get them to put the 'waived fees' bit in an e-mail to you, for proof.

posted by kyra | 2 months ago
Thank you.
I've talked to customerservices and i'm going to get my tariff switched to a year long one now.