Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by AlanBranch | 8 months ago
Re: Economy 7 night rate hours
Thanks for the info. Will try and reply

posted by GeoffS | 7 months ago
Scottish Power!!! No Reply? Nothing new there.

posted by mick787 | 7 months ago

They can talk as much as they like now, I've switched supplier.

Highlighted

posted by LJANDIDStewart | 7 months ago

Hi,

I'm in the process of transitioning from another provider to Scottish Power. I had long suspected something was wrong with my Normal E7 off-peak times clock. While taking the meter reading I stood and looked the clock that controls the E7 off-peak times, and, it's two hours wrong. It's running two hours early.

So instead of the storage heater coming on at 23:30 as expected, it's starting at 21:30 (I can also see this visually by the socket in the living room as the light comes on Smiley Happy )

So how do I get this resolved, someone needs to come out and re-set the clock I think. I don't mind an hour out as the clocks change twice a year, but, this means I'm paying for 2 hours of 'peak' time electricity when I shouldn't be.

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
So your E7 clock turns on and starts recording at 9:30. You are then being charged at the cheap rate from that point on. It does not mean you are paying the day rate. Your two meters are the old fashioned sort that have their own clock. Modern meters switch remotely from one recording mode to the other. The modern meter switches remotely at the ‘correct’ time around midnight. I guess you could get your clock adjusted but it is probably not charging you at the top rate.

posted by LJANDIDStewart | 7 months ago

Davc, no you are missing the point. Because the clock is incorrect the E7 clock is starting the 'devices' (such as my storage heater), start at 21:30, which is during the 'daytime' rate for 'normal' devices. Because I live in the AB22 area, my night time rate doesn't start untli 23:00, therefore, I am paying extra for charging a storage heater during the 'day' and not during the 'off-peak' time, so logicaly the clock needs to be re-set. Also, the heater powers off around 90 minutes before we get up in the morning.

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Hi LJ . Do you have two meters which are switched by a clock in your house?  If so your'night' meter readings will be charged at the night rate when you send in your meter reading.

If your clock only activates the storage heaters and you only have one meter which is switched remotely by SP then your night readings would start at 11:00 as you thought. 

It all depends on the system in your house, but I know of old properties which used the two meter system which change over with an audible clunk and then whatever the night meter records is charged at the cheap rate no matter what time of day it is.

posted by PlantPower | A month ago
Lots of good info here but I can’t find Economy 7 tariffs anywhere on line. Can anyone help please? We’re waiting for a smart charger to be fitted before picking up our EV.

posted by Davc | A month ago

Find the tariff information look up page and fill it out stating you have two meters with a night rate, it will then display the rate, night rates are often around half the day rate, probably around 10p/kWh. Night rates run from approx midnight to 7am.