Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Electricicty usage increasing even though my solar panels are exporting 2.03kw of power

posted by BrianB | A year ago

Hi All

Having a rare day off work and just notitced that my Energy display is showing i am using mains electricity despite my solar panels sayg i am exporting 2.03KW of solar back to the grid.

I have solar panels installed from Shade Greener and the display from these show that i am using 209w of power and exporting a surplus of 203kw

Am i being thick?  i would think that if im exporting energy then my real time usage should not change, So far in half an hour it has reported that i have used 66p of mains electricity. How can this be?  Over a day/weel/month this is going to add up.

Ive only had my smart meter for about 2 months and shade greener get any FIT payments due..

Do scottish power need to do any thing different with the smart meter when they install and configure it?  Im just wondering if it has been setup wrong?

Thanks all for any help

4 comments
Highlighted

Re: Electricicty usage increasing even though my solar panels are exporting 2.03kw of power

So no one else noticed this?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Electricicty usage increasing even though my solar panels are exporting 2.03kw of power

A lot of discussion on the community, you can search for solar in the Community search function, which actually is very quick and works well. Yes, a lot of problems with solar and smart meters.

Highlighted

Thanks Davc

I did search but couldnt see an answer to my specific question.  Ill keep looking as im sure something is wrong.

Regards

Brian

posted by fionastubbs | A year ago
That’s happening to me also my bill has doubled in price . It’s more now than it was before I had the panels fitted and I am getting money back from the grid also and I don’t understand that either. Just looked up and you have the right to change your meter back although probably a charge . Look up this is money.co.uk>experts