Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Khalique | 7 months ago
Re: Email contact and claiming a refund
Scottish Power is one of the worse provders. They sent my details to a credit agency, even when they had issues on their website, that has stopped me from making an agree monthly payment. I told them on the phone but they did not take any action. Then, to get rid of them, I paid the full balance off online, again issues with their website. They took payment twice - totally over 200 pounds, twice the amount, again proving their auto system for payment does not show accurately if payment has gone or not, so you either end up not paying at all or paying twice. They seem to ignore my claim for a refund of over 100.00. Call them on a Saturday at 9.30am, their auto voice mail says the office is open on Saturday - but they do not seem to know that themselves!
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

@Khalique   The SP customer information is very poor, but you can check with your bank if you paid the £100 twice, you can believe what your bank tells you, but not always believe what the SP app says.

Highlighted

posted by Cpj | 7 months ago
Please can you refund my money please
Highlighted

posted by George3157 | 4 months ago
Hi, I am waiting to receive Refund of £ 944.56 My A/C 22750377014. I was told 3 weeks ago this would happen by the 2nd week. Thank you. regards, George Gibbons
Payment to be made to my Bank. Details are with you.
Highlighted

posted by George3157 | 4 months ago
Sorry the amount is £ 94.56.
Highlighted

posted by whiteowl | 4 months ago

@George3157  Hi, so not to leave you hanging , We cannot do anything with your account as we are just customers like you. You must continue with contacting SP with phone or email contactus@scottishpower.com 

Highlighted

posted by fred989 | 4 months ago

One certain , hassle free way of getting a refund is to go to the government website Gov.uk

and select "make a money claim online", make your claim for the amount owed, you have to pay a fee

but add that fee to the claim. If the claim is correct they should pay within 14 days, if the claim is incorrect they may challenge it and actually go to court, in this case you will have their immediate attention and obtain the correct amount.

the advantage of this method is that you let the court do the work, and do not have to spend ages on hold on the telephone, waiting for promises which are never kept nor waiting for replies to emails.  Stress free!

Highlighted

posted by Angelk | A month ago
I have had several conversations on the phone and sent emails I would like my refund .. which is overpayment to yourselves .. it belongs to me not you. You are not slow taking it but seem to drag your heels giving it back .. I want a reply asap.. this company are ridiculous where is your customer service I sent all up to date meter readings I have cancelled my direct debit because I dont trust yous to be honest .. I would like the money owed which is over 300 pounds back now .. not next month not next year now...
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Angelk   Sorry but SP do not read these messages, tell customer service.