Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing Scottish Power

posted by Kersty | 4 months ago

I switched to Scottish Power over a month ago, as I was offered a better deal.  I set up monthly direct debit payments. I'm rubbish at technology n find it difficult to find what I'm looking for on a website. Getting through to SP on the phone is almost impossible. Today, I got a big shock, when my previous supplier emailed me telling me I was in debt of over £200 for electricity.  I had queried a couple of weeks ago why the account was still open n was told that they had not yet received the meter reading for electricity, while they had the gas one.  When switching to SP I was told I would not need to contact my previous supplier, SP would do everything for me.  I was also told, as a smart meter customer, they would be able to read my meter n I would not need to send them in.  However, I'm always in distrust of technology n gadgets, n the meter readings I get from my device have a dot in the middle n I don't know which part to read, as the online reading submissions don't accept dots.  i.e. 222.333.  I need to sort this mess out asap n close the account with the previous supplier.  Please can anyone help!

4 comments

posted by bella123 | A week ago
Re: Emailing Scottish Power

i need my husband J,Cornwell added to my account  as i am in Spain looking after my son.

posted by Davc | A week ago

@bella123   Hi, you should ask customer services, the Community cannot help.  0800 027 0072

posted by bella123 | A week ago
I have direct debit £122.00 but nothing shows on my bank account, can you help ??
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@bella123   Has the DD been working up until now?  If so it is a problem at SP's end and you should talk to customer services.  If it is a new DD it may have been set up wrongly, you can check your personal details in your online account.