Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Emailing Scottish Power

posted by areukidding | A year ago

I don't think I'm the only one that thinks that Scottish Power customer service is, currently at least, nothing short of abysmal. While SP seems to insist that calling the company is the best way to contact them, wait times of over an hour are routine. This is unacceptable, particularly considering that the company earned a fat profit in 2018. If it wants to stop shedding customers, it needs to treat them with more respect. (See https://www.power-technology.com/news/scottish-power-profits/ for more on this.)

On the phone to them yesterday, I clarified that the email address to contact them is contactus@scottishpower.co.uk

When I enquired as to why no one had responded to the email I'd sent to this very address two weeks ago, the member of staff told me that the only way to get a response is to have your account number and nothing else in the subject line. When I pointed out neither this ridiculous rule nor the actual email were mentioned on the website, the rep hardly seemed bothered. This attitude is infuriating.

So, contactus@scottishpower.co.uk and make sure the subject line only has your account number in it.

19 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Emailing Scottish Power

The email address normally recommended has .com at the end not .co.uk

contactus@scottishpower.com 

Highlighted

posted by Greig | A year ago

The website is co.uk, so if it is .com to e-mail them then that just adds to the frustration of the customer service! Why have the e-mail different...

Highlighted

posted by pgread39 | A year ago

could you please refund my money on account

16058052238 £181.98 or credit my live account 16075031468 

Highlighted

Sorry the Community can’t help. Tell SP customer service.
Highlighted

posted by vinesh | A year ago
HI I'm trying to call scottish power but placed in a que, for 15 mintues and now i've had to hang up. I spoke to Jack a few weeks ago about my electricity account and all was sorted now I keep getting emails regarding my electric bill. can some one call me please business account
Rgds
Vinnie
Highlighted

posted by gradmusic555 | A year ago

Yeah scottish power is an absolute disgrace customer service is none existant, recently had a live chat from scottish power agent from India, no idea what i was on about, (i ended conversation myself) Anyway, after changing suppliers i receied a bill for £49.00!!...considering i only use a pre-payment meter and was told by scottish power there would be no charges,  C hecked my old account this morning to find ZERO balance this has been recorded to substantiate any further nonsense emails from these people demanding money that is not even OWED!

Highlighted

A bill at the end of a PAYG account is usually for a long term debt on the meter maybe from several tenants back. That is why people register a new account when starting with PAYG. What did your bill for £49 say the charge was for? Anyway you can dispute it and say it was not your debt. It is a good sign that your account says zero outstanding.
Highlighted

posted by gradmusic555 | A year ago

This bill is for the period 15th july_29th may that's all it says, we registered with scottish power some 4 years ago when we moved into this property. As mentioned in my previous post, before changing supplier i was told by someone from scottish power that there is NO extra charges for changing over, so i can't understand where they are getting this final bill!

Highlighted

posted by Vince | A year ago
I had a smart meter installed in February. From the moment it was turned on by the installer it gave out crazy readings...it will settle he said. Anyway it is now July and after so many calls online chats and no resolution, I've given up. It is a shame SP that this will be the reason I will leave you as soon as my contract expires next April.