Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering meter readings on a Tablet

posted by Morkycat | 4 years ago

I was requested to enter meter readings, which is fine. At the time I was using a Tablet. I opened up the email, linked to my account from it, logged in and there it was asking for me to enter the readings.

I entered the two values where indicated and pressed the button to record them. This is where I experienced a problem, that being that the screen display just flickered and stayed 'as is'. There was no 'follow on' screen to say that they had been recorded. I tried this three times, then gave up as I felt they were NOT being recorded. Today I entered them via a PC and got a screen telling me that they had been received.

So why does this not work via a tablet and I assume mobile?

13 comments

posted by  Eilidh | 4 years ago
Re: Entering meter readings on a Tablet
Hi @Morkycat, to help us investigate the issue you are experiencing can I double check what type of tablet you are using, is it an iPad or Android? Was it the Your Energy App that you used or did you use the mobile version of our site via your tablet internet browser?

Hi Eilidh..

It was an Android tablet and it was the online site, which came up after pressing the button in the email requesting the readings.

Morkycat

posted by  Eilidh | 4 years ago

Hi @Morkycat, thanks for getting back to me on this, is there any way you could take a screenshot of this error message and the button you click which returns this message?

Hi Eilidh..
I do not get an error message, nothing happens, it did not record the values entered so I had to give up through this particular route. I have added the button in the email but it seems I can only add one from my phone so I will send the value entry screen on a following reply.
Steve

Here is the screen that did not work

Hi Mike..

Any reason why the post has been moved and is this still being investigated?

Steve

posted by RogerA | 3 years ago

I have a smart meter provided by my previous supplier. When checking my meter reading I see there are 3 x zeros before the numbers e.g. O002642. When entering this reading, I. Run out of boxes. My question is should I ignore the first zero and enter 002642? The whole reading will not fit are only 6 boxes.

posted by RogerA | 3 years ago
I have now tried entering the values omitting the first zero e.g. 002642 and the reading was accepted. It seems my guess was correct.

posted by Davc | 3 years ago

@RogerA   You are right, a meter reading is a number of kWh, so 1234 is the same as 01234 or even 001234. You only need enough leading zeros to fill all the boxes.