Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors Submitting Meter Readings

posted by nrms | A year ago

Everytime I try and sumit a reading, your website says "something went wrong". I've tried MS Internet Explorer, MS Edge ans Safari browser - essentially the same error occurs every time.

If i use tour iPhone app the error is "cannot retrieve meter readings at the moment".

As i am a new customer trying to submit the first meter reading for the transfer from previous supplier, this is not a very good start.

Any ideas what is wrong?

10 comments

posted by wam | A year ago
Re: Errors Submitting Meter Readings

Lately I have problems submitting any reading. A couple of months ago I tried the online form, got no response, tried the phone submission, still didn't get through and finally resorted to phoning someone and telling them the numbers over the phone. 

I'm about due to provide another reading so I've used the online form again, then the automated phone system. One week after that the account still shows the last submission as 67 days ago. Is it just me or is this a general fault?

posted by cliffra | 6 months ago

Seems like a useless system. I am not able to submit my meter reading online. I don't want to be queueing up in their phone system. Why can't Scottish Power investigate and fix this simple form submission issue and make their online system fit for purpose?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

If you are a new customer the first reading has to go via customer services. If you are not new then the online system has gone wrong which is not unusual. There is also an automated phone system which involves no queuing. 

posted by Karenjayne | 6 months ago
Can anyone help. I'm a new customer with economy 7 meter. I want to submit latest readings for electricity via automated helpline .It asks me to enter the first rate electricity meter reading. Is this the normal ( dayrate) reading?
Also if I try and submit readings via Ipad, it asks for day and night readings- which I have . However also asks for off peak reading which I don't have. Do I just write in 0?

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

Yes, any box which you do not need just fill all the spaces with zeros. For your main readings use leading zeros so all the spaces are filled. Normally Reading1 is day and reading2 is night.

posted by GarryM | 3 months ago
Keep having trouble entering meter readings, decided too change supplier.

posted by wam | 3 months ago

I've had all of these problems over a long period of time. My only solution has been to take the meter readng and phone it in to cusomer service at 8 a.m. 

It would be nice if the other system worked. Does anyone know if anything is being done to fix them or if we're going to be left to estimated bills or the latest version of smart meter. 

posted by Angie4 | A week ago
I've got the same problem. Just joined Scottish Power and submitted both Gas and Elec readings but when I login there is only Gas readings. Tried submitting again and got the error message. Currently waiting for a response to my chat message, been waiting for 40 minutes but nothing! Tried phoning and they say they are too busy to take the call, ring back later. Never known such appalling service. I change supplier every year and this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

posted by derbyshire | 4 days ago

Have just joined this company as it offered a cheaper rate but webpage won’t let me submit a reading.i suppose I’ll have to phone it in.

they should get this sorted!