Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Extra energy refund

posted by aeds | 6 months ago
I’m was £268.88 in credit with extra energy when they went bust-I phoned SP in July to ask for the full refund to be payed to me and asked for a review of our account as I was being charged £162.00 DD each month-even during summer months and having a smart meter installed. Started up a complaint case through resolver as by September I had still not had my account amended and only received a part refund of £150.31 which was completely unjustified as I was in a LOT of credit with SP due to overpayments each month in excess of approx £80!! It’s now 24/10/19 and I still haven’t received my refund and I have just had the cheekiest final bill from them saying I am only owed £24.00!! Disgusting!!! It is daylight robbery and SP do not have any intention of honouring promises made through Ofgem. I’ve studied my bills very closely with SP and you can clearly see how they set up your bill to make it look like your in debit with them just before they are due to refund their customers. They are the modern day Robbin Hood - rob the poor to give to the rich. I have one week to go before my case will be escalating to the ombudsman and I will get my full refund back from these thieves if it’s the last thing I do!!!!!! Watch out SP I’m coming to get you 😠
8 comments

posted by Davc | 6 months ago
Re: Extra energy refund

@aeds   The refund calculation was done by the EE executors, your credit at 25 Nov 2018 (transfer date) was worked out from the previous EE statement, that is why you got back less than your £268. SP had nothing at all to do with that calculation.  SP are completely honouring their agreement with Ofgem by refunding you the amount calculated by the EE executor.

Your high balance on your SP account is normal for DD accounts, we all buil;d a credit in the summer to carry us over the winter.  Hope that explains.

Highlighted

My DD payment doesn’t change from summer to winter and is constantly accumulating credit which clearly shows a severe overpayment each month, in fact that has been confirmed by a member of the complaints team that rang me back and looked into my account and confirmed that there is an approximate overpayment of £80 a month-you don’t have to be a mathematician to work that my monthly DD payments are way too high even in winter! A monthly payment of £162.00 DD during high use months (winter) would be acceptable but to continually be charged the same amount during low use months (summer) is unacceptable. My smart meter readings show that we do not consume the amount of energy that is being charged. I can categorically say that SP are NOT honouring their agreement as I have been told that my outstanding refund amount from EE will be refunded-unfortunately I’m still waiting for it 6 weeks after the promise from the complaints team with no mention about it being calculated by EE executors-in fact I’ve never been told that by SP during any of the frustrating calls I’ve had to make to them. I’m sure if what you say is correct at least one of the conversations I’ve had with customer handlers would have said this and it would not have been agreed that I would receive the outstanding refund amount. I’m not sure where you’ve got your information from and you only need to read through these posts from unhappy customers to see that SP are NOT honouring any agreement. Hope this clarifies and helps any future problems you might experience with them.
Highlighted

@aeds   Thanks for the quick reply.    DD is calculated to stay the same throughout the year, so if your annual bill is £1200 you pay £100 a month regardless of winter or summer, it has always worked like that.  You could still have been overcharged though, you can check if you divide your annual costs by 12 to give a monthly repayment.

On the EE credit I know I am on firm ground, SP only pay what the EE executors tell them to pay. SP know nothing about your EE account apart from what the executors tell them.  

The complaints on this forum are mainly about slow processing of accounts, and that is true, the EE auditors PWC have had a terrible time untangling the 120,000 accounts.

If your £268 was from a mid-2018 EE statement, you have had to pay EE fuel costs up to 25/11/2018, and that seems to be the case if they only offer £24 now.

Please go ahead with the Ombudsman but  take these explanations on board, they will ask for a documented  case and evidence of SP failing to resolve the  dispute.

This forum is not official SP advice, only what customers have learned during the past 11 months EE transfer saga.  But it is good advice.

Highlighted

Thanks for your quick reply too, I’ve always had my energy costs amended to our usage with other energy suppliers and customers should pay for what they use-unfortunately I’m paying for more energy than I use. From April to October my energy usage has been averaging approx £80-£90 per month (info taken from smart meter and bills and finally confirmed with the complaints team) if I pay £162.00 per month and I’m using only approx £90 per month for at least 8 of those months its obvious that far too much credit is being built up for the winter months. You might be basing your information on Estimated bills and not taking into account the fact that I have a smart meter and am very aware of my daily usage. Also regarding the EE refund, strangely there was no mention in the email from SP that only a percentage of the refund would be paid due to EE fuel costs 😳I’ve never heard that excuse before and doesn’t even make sense. Why would SP agree in July that a full refund would be given and not explain at that time that only a percentage of it would be sent. The EE fuel cost excuse sounds more like something SP would think up to cover up their corruption. There is no system for refunding customers, it’s just pot luck, or they are relying on customers giving up trying after many failed attempts. I can clearly see on my bills and usage graph that they have set it up to avoid paying out and you can believe what you want Davc. I will be escalating my case with the ombudsman they already have access to the Resolver complaints case which maybe your not familiar with this process if you have never raised a complaint through Resolver. There are many complaints on here about the time scale of processing EE refunds but please read through more so that you are fully aware of the despicable service that customers receive and another frequent issue raised is the waiting time to actually speak to customer service only to be cut off continuously. Thanks for your comments and advice.
Highlighted

@aeds   Good Luck Smiley Happy

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@aeds   Don't want to keep this going, but here is an easy thing  to check. Look at the meter reading on your £268 statement. Then look at your SP opening reading (which is the same as the EE closing reading on 25/11/2018). The difference is the power you used with EE after your statement, it should explain why they have not sent you the full £268. Good Luck.

Highlighted

posted by kg0359 | 3 months ago
PWC sent me a final bill for £339.84 in November 19 and I suspected this figure was wrong but EE went into administration before I could sort things out.. Thankfully I had digital copies of all my previous bills from both EE and SP so I was able to calculate and send details of what I considered were the correct reading and charges based on the agreed handover readings agreed between both companies. It took a bit of going to and forth nut after a week or two PWC sent an email stating 'Thank you for contacting Extra Energy and providing the information. Based on the information provided, your revised final bill amount is now CR - £462.82'.

What was concerning was that they also stated 'I have checked your account and see that we did not create the final bill before the our billing contract ended.the problem arose because the agreed handover reading between EE and SP £462.82.' Needless to say an apology wasn't made for the error or for the time it took me to compile details etc, just a factual statement.

I am expecting that this credit will appear on my account at the end of January or early February an I will then arrange a refund as I am already around £200 credit with SP.

Not sure if this helps anyone (especially as it might be too late now) but it appears that PWC hasn't bothered to recalculate final bills based on agreed handover figures on some accounts and if your final bills look weird this might be the reason why.
Highlighted

posted by suresh | A month ago

aL NEW SET eNERGY COMPANY ARE CHEATS AND DAY LIGHT ROBERS! ROBING PEOPLE  BUT THESE POLITE BRITISH PEOPLE ACEPTS IT AND KEPPAYING THIER HARD MONEY!

FROM £60 TO 70£ A MONTH BIL WE ARE NOW PAYING OVER £200 A MONTH IN ENERGY BILLS?

hOW CAN THIS BE A FAIR PART ON GOVERMENT, CAN THEY NOT THINK?ARE WE ALL SHEEPS GRAZING THE SAME GRASS?