Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by TrishaUK | 7 months ago
Re: Extraenergy assimilation into Scottish Power

I knew nothing about extraenergy going into bankrupsy.  I had to change to Scottish Power with NO choice.  Does anyone know whats going on?  I was in quite a bit of credit with extraenergy Smiley Sad  No information on my account here yet.

posted by Hampson | 7 months ago

For many  years I have paid  my energy bills by direct debit by the amount set by the energy company and submited regular meter readings  keeping me no more than £100 or so in debit even after winter.  Now Scottish Power tell me I am £750 in debit! telling me my direct debit is £850 which is far to much. I live on my own and definatly not used hundreds of pounds of fuel since being moved from extraenergy.This can't be right

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

Hello Hampson.  It does sound as if something has gone wrong with your account, but if you have not paid since November when EE closed down, and it is now nearly the end of winter, you could easily have a bill of many hundreds, you need to check that they have your latest meter reading and have raised an accurate bill. If you have a debt  it is better to pay it in one lump sum than as part of a DD.  Most EE customers who have not paid since November are going to have a similar situation. How much would a 'normal' winter have cost you? mine can easily be £600. Make sure they are not estimating usage and make sure SP has your actual meter readings. 

posted by ADH | 7 months ago
update to my post: Got a bill this morning and the credit hasn't come across. Reading other threads here I presume this is still work in progress. However the bill does show that SP apply a 50/50 split for gas and electric in the direct debit so that part of my query is answered.

posted by sarum54 | 7 months ago

As with many others,Im in Debit on my Account....But Ive put to one side my monthly direct debits to pay bill.

Surely SP cannot take one big lump out of our accounts,which will cause hardship.

I just suggest we have a word with Ofgem. The collapse EE was not our fault.

Hi Sarum, Yes all EE customers can expect a big bill for the November to February period. SP will not demand it all at once and will increase the DD to gradually pay it off, but if you have been saving the money why not pay off at least some of it or as much as you can afford.

posted by sarum54 | 7 months ago
Thank Davc........Will do

posted by BennyTheBall | 7 months ago

I entered meter readings about 1 week or so ago, and it returned a bill of about £450 ish (can't be exact). Did it today with a weeks extra readings, and the bill sudeenly goes to £875. No idea about what credit we had with EE when it went bust. Cant see the original meter readings submitted in November. Plus you are under no obligation to stay with this bunch. That's why we left them years ago.

Hi Benny the only explanation is some dodgy meter readings were used. Was it on both fuels or only one, that should narrow down the error. Check the higher bill and see which meter reading looks wrong. You have to go through the pain of actually reading what the bill calculation says.

posted by roddy28 | 7 months ago

The Ombudsman and SP, in emails raised the expectation that the assimilation of EE customers was going to be 'quick and easy' - unfortunately not the case. Puting something on some web page somewgere is not how to communicate with EE customers when SP have used e-mail for everything else!

Talk about over promising and under delivering - its no surprise that EE custmers are annoyed and bewilderd. A quick email from SP (or the Mbudsman) to all old EE customers explaing the issue and confirming that eventually all credit and debits would be added to the relevant SP accounts, would have help deflect the feeling of awful customer service that is being felt and put the blame for the tardy 'fullassimilation' of EE into SP where it belongs.

Unfortunately, no news or updates is generally taken as a sign on inaction - even when this is not the case. No news isn't always good news, great communication are all that is needed.!