Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit In Tariff meter submission error

posted by Thevineyard | 3 months ago

I tried to submit my Fit In Tariff (FIT) meter reading twice and each time it said "the meter reading is greater than expected" and asked me to submit a reading to www.scottishpower-onlinecomms.co.uk and also to email to FITreads@scottishpower.com to provide a reading and photo evidence.  I have emailed the meter reading and photo ask requested a week ago but I haven't heard anything from you since.  I also tried to use the provided link but it showed another error message saying "you don't have permission to access this directory", hence I cannot complete the full advice from the first error message.

Please kindly advise what can be done to submit the FIT meter reading to you.

50 comments

posted by DavC1 | 3 months ago
Re: Fit In Tariff meter submission error

@Thevineyard   The community is only for customers to help each other, SP do not read it nor take part.   Send your problems to customer services. 

posted by pxdav | 3 months ago

yes I have the same issue .. I have tried emailing the reading in as requested and that was on the3rd may and heard nothing since 

I have called 0800 0015156 and waited for 45 minutes only to be bounced to the home move department ..  I have also tried the automated phone system to submit and that gives me the same issue ....  seems scottish power do not want to pay us ? 

posted by daxv8 | 3 months ago

Submitted FIT reading on the 3rd May 2022 and it stated outside of limit. I have 10 years of records and this was not higher than any other years so why the statement its out side of limits. I tried the phone system and recieved the same issue so submitted a photo of my meter via email as stated. Well it is now the 24th May 21 days after my submission and no payment. This is poor service for payment. If i failed to pay my bill after 21 days I would have red letters and threats of my supply being cut off. Please sort your system out and at least send an acknoledgement that its in the system. Communication please.

posted by pxdav | 2 months ago
exactly the same I waited on the FIt call line 0800 001 5156 for 45 mins yesterday and they could not help me , they are working through the emails, but cannot tell me how long it will be before I get to the top ?

posted by sandrap13 | 2 months ago

I have same issues Feed in tariff not accepted  tried sending photo What a palava

posted by Orangecaseydog | 2 months ago

Hi,  Seems like I'm not alone on this.. I've had exactly the same problem & am currently waiting for both an online chat response & a response to the email I sent on the 28th May.  From above comments, sounds like I'm going to have to wait a lot longer!!!  

Very poor customer service,  I hate this modern culture of it being next to impossible to speak to real human beings, & having to rely on online methods which don't work Smiley Sad   Is it me.....

posted by nickquixotics | 2 months ago
Have the same error problem here! My usage is not unusually high and is in line with the last 7 years. Probably a computer bug and as it involves paying out will not be a priority to fix?

posted by 4MIKEB | 2 months ago
June 6th Got the same reply as others to my FIT reading entry "the meter reading is greater than expected" I have sent photo as requested and like others cannot access the other request to contact via the link provided. My meter reading is virtually identical to this period last year so is "not greater than expected"
Very poor customer service from yet another utility company

posted by pxdav | 2 months ago

I assume we could ask Scottish power what address we sent the bailiffs round to collect goods to the value of the outstanding debit +50% for admin >?