Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by DavC1 | 3 weeks ago
Re: Fixed tariff ending soon

@Stuart2106    On standard tariff you will still get your overnight rate.    By the way if you don't need an overnight rate go onto the standard one reading system, it will be cheaper for you. 

posted by Stuart2106 | 3 weeks ago
Thanks. Is this something I can do on line or do I need to speak with Scottish Power?

posted by DavC1 | 3 weeks ago

@Stuart2106   Ask customer services to. take you off a night rate system and have a one-reading conventional all day tariff. 

posted by Stuart2106 | 3 weeks ago
Thanks

posted by bevmssy | A week ago
My fixed tariff ends June 22, is your advice still valid. I really don’t know what to do as I have been quoted £189 per month, was £75. Do I fix again or not thanks

posted by DavC1 | A week ago

@bevmssy   The variable rates after October will be about Gas 11p/kWh, Electric 40p/kWh.  If your fix is cheaper then go for it, if not do nothing and you get the variable rate 

posted by Cali34 | 5 days ago
My fixed term tariff is ending end of June. They have offered me anew fixed term Green Flexi tariff until Aug 2023. Electric standing charge is 48.14, primary unit rate 44.69. Gas standing charge 27.22, primary unit rate 13.72. I currently pay £172 mth & it will
Almost double to £342 mth.
I cannot get through to anyone in Scottish power to discuss.
Any help would be greatly received as to where I should take this deal or go into a standard variable

posted by DavC1 | 5 days ago

@Cali34   The unit rates for your fixed deal are about the same as the expected variable rates after October.  There is little difference between the two, so you might as well fix in case the costs go up again in 2023. 

posted by Cali34 | 5 days ago
Many thanks for your advice. It is so confusing