Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed tariff ending soon

posted by SJB77 | 3 months ago
My fixed tariff ends at the end of April, is it best to hold for now and then move to the standard variable tarrif?
28 comments

Top answer

posted by DavC1 | 3 months ago
Re: Fixed tariff ending soon

@SJB77   This is very important, do not take a new fixedprice deal, do nothing and go onto the capped variable default deal, it is the cheapest deal available. 

posted by K200 | 3 months ago

I'm in the same quandary, fixed tariff dual fuel ends 30 April. Quotes are 3x as expensive as current payments.

Id like to know what the standard rates are, can't find them. Also can't find any of my original paperwork online? Any ideas?

Thanks. 

posted by K200 | 3 months ago
From £166/month to £720/month

@K200   You only need to know the standard variablecapped rate is the cheapest available, but it will still be 54% higher than the direct debit you have today. You will find out the new cost soon enough 

posted by Benmat | 3 months ago
So if my tarrif duel says default April 2022. I just leave it. And should I up my direct debit by 50%

posted by Benmat | 3 months ago
What does it mean exclusive renewal April 2022 B1

@Benmat   Do not start a new 12 month deal, do nothing and you will go onto the standard variable tariff, which is the cheapest option.  Your direct debit will be adjusted by Scottish Power, customers don't adjust DD amount because they are managed by your supplier.  

posted by ahmreen | 3 months ago
Re: Fixed tariff ending Dec 22
Hi. I have a fixed rate ending in Dec 22. I understand we need to provide meter reading today. Do I have to do this even tough I’m on a fixe tarrif?

@ahmreen   There is no need to send a meter reading today, that is only for people on standard variable tariffs.  Your tariff will not change in cost tomorrow.  Your tariff finishes 31 Dec 2022, when that happens don't start a new 12 month deal without researching the cost. It will probably be cheaper to take the default variable tariff as we go into 2023.