Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Follow up to Smartmeter fit

posted by mittsdad | A year ago

I recently had a Smartmeter fitted, I was previously on Economy 7 but this new meter is a single tarriff. I was informed by a lady on the chat facility that I would be given the best new tarriff. On checking my account it seems that I might still be on the previous tarriff. I do find Scottish Power account facility very confusing. Also I was told that I would be given an in house remote meter, I still have not received it. It is hopeless trying to speak to anyone as one is held up for ages. The chat facility worked well but I cannot find any reference to it now. I am not a happy bunny.

9 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Follow up to Smartmeter fit
Sorry to tell you that it is difficult to get smart meters working with E7. You may be lucky but if you have a single rate system and storage heaters your bills will get very expensive. You should really follow this up and not accept the ‘best’ single rate solution. You need a night rate system.
Highlighted

Thank you. I have now been placed on a Standard tariff, whether it is best one for me, I have no idea. Part of the reason for changing to a smart meter was the statement that I would get an in home display. Now I am informed that I cannot have one. It is suggested that I use the Smartphone app. This is not very helpful to me, and have you read the dismal reviews on this app?? Not happy.
Highlighted

Further. I understand that after about 4 weeks the meter has still not been commissioned. What is wrong with this company.
Highlighted

The Standard tariff is the cheapest at the moment

Your smart meter installation should have been commissioned meaning it transmits for both gas and electricity and works with an in home display. It is nonsense to deny you an IHD and offer an App which does not do the same job. Keep pressing to have a system which has been properly installed and equipped.
Highlighted

Oh and I hope you have retained your night rate. If you still have storage heaters they will become terribly expensive if they are run on a single rate tariff. You must insist that your smart electric meter can support a night rate. Smart meters can accept night rates if correctly installed. It is not good enough if they have taken away your night rate system.
Highlighted

Thank you for your comments. I also expected to have the gas meter changed to Smart but it has not happened. Twice I have been told that they will send me the in home display, so now to be told that I cannot have one is very disappointing.

Highlighted

Thanks Dave re the Standard tarriff. At least that bit is ok as I no longer have storage heaters.

Highlighted

posted by MrTiredout | A year ago

I've just had a smart meter fitted and provided a sensational review.

It's a bit sensational as I didn't request a smart meter and it has been fitted on a property I no longer own. I'm 200 miles away. The property is sold and the account closed but I still get emails about it and have put in my 'review' of the service.

Totally wierd

I'm now thinking of switching tarrifs and other stuff on this closed account. Still posting messages even though I am no longer with Scottish Power ... thank God.

Highlighted

Unbelievable. I have now left Scottish Power, the company is a disaster. Incidentally, the meter that was fitted turned out to be not a smart meter after all!!! My final accounts page just does notmake sense, you have absolutely no way of checking if the figures are correct or where your money has gone.