Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by fayeem1991 | 2 months ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

Hi!

I have been trying to sort my gas and electricity out since October 2018!

I still haven't recieved a welcome pack lol!

I set up all my details online, submit my meter readings.

According my account I am -£406 in debit and when I have tried to pay they just keep sending me the money back to my account and my next bill date is January 2020!!

Any ideas what I should do? I don't want a bill for £1,000s in January!!

posted by Terrance | 2 months ago
I am a new tenant of a property which is supplied by Scottish Power, I have tried a number of times to create a "New Account" with my name and not the previous tenant's! I have never been allowed to create a account and any efforts by me to find another supplier has been "Blocked"! Why?

posted by Terrance | 2 months ago
Me too! I have tried a number of occasions to contact them to no avail! They still send Bills to the former tenant of the property. I therefore I shall continue to enjoy "Free" electric supplied by Scottish Power at the Deceased tenant!

posted by paul318uk | A month ago

What a releaf to hear I am not the only one!

Looked like a £2000 bill at one time due to no account actual reading with extra energy for the last 11 months. Constant promises of credit in 4weeks from Extra Energy (always 4 weeks for the last 8 months!!!). Had a debt collector letter adding £104 fees as well. What an outrage! (now removed)

Strangle I have a £165 extra energy credit on my electric bill now and I cant get them to tell me why there is nothing on the gas or if its a joint credit. They didnt even know it had been applied! Still holding out on any payment to them and I have now switched supplier.

posted by paul318uk | A month ago
I phoned a debt collection agency that SP had set on me for holding out payment. Only for the agency to accuse me of fraud as my DOB I quoted was different to their record passed on by SP!!!!
Are Sp allowed to pas on to a third party my DOB, address and bank account details?

posted by Gazza26 | A month ago
Hi. Just to report ordeal over, account credited with monies from extra energy I have now had this money credited to my bank and just set up my switch to another energy company with a cheaper tarrif its taken 9 months but we got there.
Seems we are one of the lucky ones. Good look to those still trying and arguing just remember there are a lot of utility companies out there willing to provide a good service.

posted by Fedupnocredit | A month ago
Hi, that's pretty good and lucky, I'm still waiting, if it goes by alphabetical order I'll be waiting a long time, not happy like you say 9 months and still counting

posted by misspea | A month ago

So I've been in touch with SP 4 times about my missing refund.

1st advisor: cheque has been posted - allow another week.

2nd: cheque has been posted - I request that they  issue duplicate

3rd: the money was sent to my bank account but they won't confirm the account details - send them evidence that no credit is in my account and told someone will reply in 3 days.

4th: a week after the 3 days are up, I'm told the money was paid into my SP account - show them my final statement and their own email showing refund due and story changed to 'we sent you a cheque' - after some toing and froing I'm told a duplicate will be issued and that my original request for a duplicate was never processed.

I don;t believe anything any of the advisors tell me now.  So have now initiated complaint process using the Resolver system - at least that gives me some confidence in that it's linked to moneysavingexpert.

posted by Mr_Extra_Farce | A month ago
All I get when contacting Scottish Power about my Extra Energy account is a scripted reply telling me they know it's taking longer than they had hoped to get the information needed but any credit will be applied to my account when they hear.

In the meantime they seem to generate bills on my account at all sorts of random intervals. Completely useless.
Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | A month ago
@Mr_Extra_Farce There's nothing to stop you switching supplier before you get your ExEn balance back. In fact if you leave SP you'll get it back as a cheque rather than a credit to your SP account. In the meantime, you'll still have to pay SP for what you use with them.

But if you decide to stay with SP you should change to a direct debit payment method. That way you'll be issued with a statement updating your account every time you submit readings - it looks like a bill, but isn't - but only ever actually PAY, once a month.

You get to monitor your own usage that way too...