Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

posted by michala | 4 months ago
Scottish power took over my extra energy account in October 2018. It’s taken a long time and I still haven’t got my balance transferred from extra energy. Scottish power customer services don’t know when this will happen as it’s in the hands of the administrators and nobody seems to know anything. Is anybody else in the same boat or can offer advice thanks
89 comments

posted by ged | 4 months ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

We are in the same boat. No information and they have not even set up our new account and are not taking the monthly direct Debit. 

posted by DorsetGirl50 | 4 months ago
Same goes for me. I have lost count of the number of emails and on line chats. No one can help. Over £300 in credit with Extra Energy. Even Ofgem don't want to know.

posted by Georobaker | 4 months ago

I have been trying to find out what is happening with my account. I rang the number given in an email that I received from SP and after holding for almost forty minutes was told I was on the wrong number and to speak with the team dealing with former Extra Energy customers I needed to call another number and was then given the number that I had called. I explained that was the number called and was told by the young lady that she would transfer me, she then cut me off. I then tried online chat and the operator named Nillihot also cut me off. I have made no payments since SP became involved and the promised welcome pack has not arrived, so what is going on???

posted by BennyTheBall | 4 months ago

Be warned, this isn't going to happen quickly and painlessly.

After entering my Meter readings yesterday, 24th Feb, the bill was £875, from about £450ish a weekish ago. Yesterday I entered  readings to make a payment and in a week, the bill went up by nearly £450. Today I entered todays meter readings, an extra (economy 7), 8 units for day, 6 units night, and 2 units gas. The bill is now £1371 an increase of £476 in 24 hours. Something is definately wrong here. So I try to call SP, and low and behold, they are too busy and disconnect the call. 

By the way, SP are not allowed to charge you for leaving, you have 5 or 6 months.

GET OUT AS QUICK AS YOU CAN.

This is a complete **bleep**up and I can see people getting horendously large bills, that some people will not be able to afford. Then what?

posted by AndrewDC | 4 months ago

What has happened to any credit from Extra Energy???? and guess what no one to sort it out. This cannot be right and fair for a customer

posted by AndrewDC | 4 months ago
I think we are all in the same boat, cannot be right nowadays for this to happen and the bills are alot bigger than before

posted by Billy | 4 months ago

Rang SP on Sunday to see why they have only set up electric account only. I was on dual fuel with EE. No credit shown and today they have asked for meter reading but only for electric. Rang them and they haven’t got a clue what is going on and there is no email address to send to.  They kept me on hold for over an hour. Had no contact from EE administrators. At present no one wants responsibility for supplying gas to me. This is why I wouldn’t sign up to a new long term contract. I thought EE were bad.

posted by Gazza26 | 4 months ago
In the same boat even tried to contact the administrators, nothing, SP are no use it seems they were quick to take the supply on quick to set up the direct debit quick to take mo thly payments but seem unwilling to push for money that should be credited to our account from EE. Was with SP years ago and switched because of their poor service but concerned that if we jump ship now the any money owed by EE could well be lost.

posted by rodd | 4 months ago

Spoken to SP on numerous occassions since the EE collapse. No further forward in setting up an account, receiving credit from EE. The comments are always the same: Welcome pack will be in the post in the next few days, account will be set up very soon, credit from EE will be added to account, EE administrators are the delay ( one suspects a good excuse!!!) etc etc.

Looks like there is nothing to be done but sit and wait another fw weeks and then its of to Ofgem and the Energy Ombudsman with official complaints.

Good luck all in the same boat. Keep the stream coming to at least put some pressure on SP