Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by exextraenergy | 9 months ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy
I was in the same position (as an ex-extra energy company) and just moved. I know the Ombudsman suggested not to, but given how useless SP were, given they were more expensive and I was going to receive a bill for multiple months, I left anyway. I just contacted another company and told them I want to move, and they deal with SP on your behalf. It was incredibly simple. I've got a better deal with a company with better customer service and don't have to deal with SP anymore.
And I finally got my SP welcome pack in the post after I told them I was leaving. They're useless.

posted by exextraenergy | 9 months ago
I was in the same position (as an ex-extra energy company) and just moved. I know the Ombudsman suggested not to, but given how useless SP were, given they were more expensive and I was going to receive a bill for multiple months, I left anyway. I just contacted another company and told them I want to move, and they deal with SP on your behalf. It was incredibly simple. I've got a better deal with a company with better customer service and don't have to deal with SP anymore.
And I finally got my SP welcome pack and a bill in the post after I told them I was leaving. They're useless.

I'd highly recommend leaving. Just contact a new company, tell them you want to move, and SP will be prompt in giving you your welcome pack and bill, and you are with a cheaper company with better service.

posted by DorsetGirl50 | 9 months ago
I managed to log an official complaint. A few weeks down the line i get a call back to say there is nothing i can do. I was given the number of the administrators to chase my credit!! Of course that number is "unobtainable". I am really at a loss what to do although i may well write to Keith Anderson (CEO). If we try and keep this thread going maybe at some point Scottish Power may realise they have an issue and sort it out. I am surprised no one from the Company monitors this to see what exactly is happening with theie valued (?) customers . This whole thing is just so frustrating.
Highlighted

posted by michala | 9 months ago
Thanks for your responses and advice. I have submitted my complaint through resolve and have a resolve account where somebody is supposed to be looking into my query. I think this is directly linked to Scottish power but not 100%. It tells you the next stages to take, I have to give them time to resolve then if I’m not happy I can escalate to the next level before the ombudsman. I will persevere as my ee account was £130+ in credit and will not let it go on principal. This is unacceptable from Scottish Power and can’t believe they are doing this to people. The worst of it is no communication from Scottish power, I think their eyes are bigger than their bellies and through greed they have taken on more than they can handle. Good luck every one and thanks

posted by michala | 9 months ago
Keep the pressure on people, the more complaints the better, they will have to do something hopefully sooner rather than later . Watch dig might be an option if there’s lots of us

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

Hi Michala, Good luck with getting your money back from EE. I like the idea of a watchdig. The EE website link is here

http://www.extraenergy.co.uk/index.html

It explains the auditors are examining all claims to the remaining EE funds, you are in a long queue of creditors. They do however have a payment system if you want to pay bills, although I know this does not apply to you.

SP have been very slow setting up new accounts, but the return of credits from EE will take even more time.  I can only assume that SP are waiting for each EE account to clear before setting up an SP account, but that means people are 5 months behind with bills now and are naturally very fed up.

posted by PaulT | 9 months ago
Changing supplier sounds like good advice to me, and that is what I intend doing.
Cheers.

posted by Davc | 9 months ago

Hi again Michala, I noticed you are using a company called Resolve, there are several such companies who will take on your complaints and debts, and then charge you a fee, so beware, I hope the one you have chosen is ethical.  Think of PPI brokers, it is usually better to do the job yourself.

posted by DorsetGirl50 | 9 months ago

I have just called Extra Energy on 0800 3685452.  No surprises but they have been working on the accounts where customers owe them money rather than refunding us!!!   The lady I spoke to (actually far more pleasant than anyone at SP) said that they will issue final bills within 2 weeks.  I asked how they would do this and she said they will get the meter readings submitted to Scottish Power when they took over the account.  We will be expected to pay that bill and the credit will transfer to Scottish Power.  If (if!) we want that returned SP will then send out a cheque.  She maintains even if we switch supplier they will honour the credit.  This all sounds quite plausible but not sure whether it will actually happen.  I am personally concerned that if I switch supplier (and I want to) it will be an even bigger mess.  Note in diary for 2 weeks.  

posted by Lesley193cat | 9 months ago

Absolute joke - but I am glad I am not alone!  SP dont seem to be able to accept that I have gas too and only note my electricity meter readings and I got a bill from them yesterday with only the electricity costs on it!  Luckily I have not set up a direct debit with them and have no intentions of doing so because as soon as they set up my account I began the switch to another company and SP arent getting a penny out of me until I get my credit from EE which they have already given me a note of - so why dont SP know what it is?   Absolutely appalling customer service - would not have touched them with a bargepole if Ofgem hadnt automatically switched me to them.  Everyone should move ASAP!!