Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by IanHadEnuff | A week ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy
I do hope they find your records, that’s terrible. I thought they were bad with me, that goes one better.. or worse I guess. It’s just become a farce. Although they acknowledge I was an EE customer it’s similar for me, they have no EE account usage details, which I find bizarre so they estimated how much I’d used with them, that was quite an argument I had with them, they eventually agreed to a direct debit of half what they wanted, which was never taken, as they never fully processed my account or direct debit. I had to leave. It’s just been nothing but **bleep** ups. I just hope that some of these problems of missing information works in some people’s favours. One thing I’ll take from this though, I will only ever go with a supplier that I can alter the direct debits when I want to, & will make sure I never over pay with any energy provider. I’m disabled had little income & was trying to prepare for winter when they went bust so I was a fair bit in credit, so lost quite a bit. Administrators can take up to 2years on average to sort this out, & we aren’t the priority. I know this is not good news, but I’ve been at the bad end of 5 liquidation/ administrations over the years, and have lost out on all. 2 of them I was employed, and only got 1/2 to 3/4 of wages owed. 1 other it was approx £70 and got pennies. A nursery/ day school, I was owed nearly £400, and got £17 odd back. The worst was a holiday investment in Bulgaria and lost €13,000, & £850 in legal costs, all our savings, that I really felt, and never got anything back. But the quickest pay up was 6 months, the worst was 4 years, which was the last one. It’s a horrible thing when that happens, I really hope none of this happens with EE customers, I just can’t see it getting sorted out quickly though. Banks & administrator fees always come before employees, then customers, suppliers etc. In this case suppliers may be higher in the list than us. in this case there will probably be a negotiation between government bailout protection, banks & distribution /supply payouts, that could take some time to settle.
If they have the records, I would say customers in debit will come before ones in credit, so they can sort out the plus column first. I hope this explains a bit about some of the process to people. SP are only a small link in the chain, and although a major priority at the start, they’re definitely not now. which doesn’t really explain all the **bleep** ups they are responsible for post EE, and months on..

posted by Davc | A week ago

Hi Ian, You have had an awful lot of bad luck with firms going bust, thanks for telling us about your experiences in such a well considered way. Like you I hope the EE credits will be paid out quickly, but there is no use complaining about this very complicated process. SP have been overwhelmed with their 100, 000 new customers and have pushed their  resources to the limit. 

posted by dawnie96 | A week ago
Just got a new bill in for over 100k. How is that even possible!!!!!

Hi Dawnie, If it is a real bill then something has gone very wrong. If it is only on the App or IHD then relax as there are computer problems. No way anyone could use £100k between November and March in a household.

posted by Grrrrrrrrrrrr | A week ago

Had my first bill generated after 3 months and it was £480 - I called customer services and queried the amount and the advice was to provide up to date meter readings.  I did this a new bill was generated at £710 - currently waiting for another callback but this is crazy! I live in a 2 bedroom house and work from home so I am used to bills for duel gas touching the £100 per month charge during the winter months but I cannot work out any logic here - it MUST be a computing error and also in the same boat regarding credit from EE, however, I have already started the process of switching providers as I can see this being an issue all of the time and I have zero time for such craziness!

Terrible experience. Was your new meter reading very different to the estimate? If it was within a few percent there is no way the bill could have doubled. Could you see any sense at all in the new bill?

posted by dawnie96 | A week ago
I have just read back. It £1000 not 100k 😆😆. It was on the site after they sent an email saying my new bill was ready after I gave meter readings. I may have been in debit to EE but I doubt it would have amounted to that much!! I’ve switched suppliers now anyway. Got a much better deal with someone else. I’ve got a code for £50 credit if anyone else wishes to swap to the same supplier. We would both get the credit.
Will need to call SP to sort this mess out as there is no way I am paying £1000 to them by next week!

posted by Grrrrrrrrrrrr | A week ago
Zero sense and the meter readings were very close. Looking back at figures and talking to customer services and raising a complaint I can see the £480 was for about 3.5 months which generally means SP are just very expensive, however, the jump up to £710 made no sense at all. I have already setup a new account with another provider and told SP I refuse to pay £710 and that this needs to be resolved. As most people have stated, still waiting final bill and credit notes from EE.

posted by JimmyB | A week ago
As I have said before. Be careful switching before you get your money back from EE and be even more careful if you switch away from SP before sorting out your bill with them since last November. Everyone must be prepared for a large first bill from SP. EE could not have picked a worse time to go bust. SP are only just getting round to setting up direct debits so you will have paid nothing for energy over the most expensive months of the year. At the same, your previous bill with EE could have been based on an inaccurate meter reading. If you get a larger than expected first bill from SP, before challenging whether it is correct, try and find an actual reading with EE and work forward from there to calculate your actual usage. I am not saying don’t switch but a knee jerk switch to yet another provider before sorting out the numbers with EE and SP is just making things even worse. It’s like trying to get married to a new partner before you have separated / divorced cleanly from the existing one !!!!
Highlighted

Jimmy, very good comments, too many people leaving before getting their EE credits refunded.