Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Grrrrrrrrrrrr | A month ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

Had my first bill generated after 3 months and it was £480 - I called customer services and queried the amount and the advice was to provide up to date meter readings.  I did this a new bill was generated at £710 - currently waiting for another callback but this is crazy! I live in a 2 bedroom house and work from home so I am used to bills for duel gas touching the £100 per month charge during the winter months but I cannot work out any logic here - it MUST be a computing error and also in the same boat regarding credit from EE, however, I have already started the process of switching providers as I can see this being an issue all of the time and I have zero time for such craziness!

posted by Davc | A month ago
Terrible experience. Was your new meter reading very different to the estimate? If it was within a few percent there is no way the bill could have doubled. Could you see any sense at all in the new bill?

posted by dawnie96 | A month ago
I have just read back. It £1000 not 100k 😆😆. It was on the site after they sent an email saying my new bill was ready after I gave meter readings. I may have been in debit to EE but I doubt it would have amounted to that much!! I’ve switched suppliers now anyway. Got a much better deal with someone else. I’ve got a code for £50 credit if anyone else wishes to swap to the same supplier. We would both get the credit.
Will need to call SP to sort this mess out as there is no way I am paying £1000 to them by next week!

posted by Grrrrrrrrrrrr | A month ago
Zero sense and the meter readings were very close. Looking back at figures and talking to customer services and raising a complaint I can see the £480 was for about 3.5 months which generally means SP are just very expensive, however, the jump up to £710 made no sense at all. I have already setup a new account with another provider and told SP I refuse to pay £710 and that this needs to be resolved. As most people have stated, still waiting final bill and credit notes from EE.

posted by JimmyB | A month ago
As I have said before. Be careful switching before you get your money back from EE and be even more careful if you switch away from SP before sorting out your bill with them since last November. Everyone must be prepared for a large first bill from SP. EE could not have picked a worse time to go bust. SP are only just getting round to setting up direct debits so you will have paid nothing for energy over the most expensive months of the year. At the same, your previous bill with EE could have been based on an inaccurate meter reading. If you get a larger than expected first bill from SP, before challenging whether it is correct, try and find an actual reading with EE and work forward from there to calculate your actual usage. I am not saying don’t switch but a knee jerk switch to yet another provider before sorting out the numbers with EE and SP is just making things even worse. It’s like trying to get married to a new partner before you have separated / divorced cleanly from the existing one !!!!
Highlighted

Jimmy, very good comments, too many people leaving before getting their EE credits refunded. 

posted by MickyD1900 | A month ago

Hi Guy's 

Wish i could have more info on this but in the same situation, have registered a complaint with Energy Ombudsman Services they're asking for a complaint number  but can't even get that.Poor communication from Scotish Power !

posted by Stephen_1948 | A month ago

I am in the same situation.  Credit due from ExtraEnergy, but that is the last thing Scottish Power will sort out, keeping us longer on their high tariffs.  Absolute disgrace on the part of the Regulator.

Hi Stephen. SP are waiting for EE before giving out old EE credits. SP default tariff for EE customers is actually quite good. Check you facts.

posted by misspea | A month ago

I've already jumped ship. SP say as long as I don't cancel my DD with them, they will credit my account with my EE balance (when it arrives). The money is refunded via cheque and takes "longer" if DD they have no valid account details to send money to. The lady I spoke to this morning was very helpful. They have no idea when the money is being sent from the administrator. She said "it keeps being batted back and forth". I guess I'm lucky in that my account and DD were set up pain free. Just received my closing statement and the amount I have to pay (given that only 1 DD payment has been taken)  is about what I expected.