Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by MickyD1900 | 5 months ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

Hi All 

Have had online chat with SP and only yesterday they told me another 3 weeks ?

posted by joed | 5 months ago
I’m also in the same situation. Not had a bill or made a payment for three months despite giving meter readings, which sp now say they have no record of. I’ve started an official complaint, as OFGEM won’t take up a case until you’ve done this and given the company 8 weeks to resolve the issue. I would urge others to do the same.

posted by misspea | 5 months ago

I phoned them Friday. They are waiting for administrators. They said they have no idea how long it will take to get the money from them. Glad I’ve switched from SP so at least I’m now paying less. She assured me I’ll still get my credit balance refunded. Just no clue when!

Highlighted

posted by Ronco | 5 months ago
Hi all. Well I got a reminder letter from SP with regards to making a payment towards my account, which I will do shortly given that I didn't have any dd system in place, but at least have account details for any forthcoming credit from EE. Still not sure whether to jump ship just yet but will do a check on a comparison site and see what shows up ??

posted by Andi | 5 months ago
Still going round in circles. I’ve still only got my electricity account set up and have to wait another 30 days while they sort/find the gas account. Told that the direct debit is set up and amended to a new lower amount and that I don’t need to do anything. Low and behold. Now requesting my details again after I received a bill which I questioned when it stated payment method was quarterly cash.
Whilst I appreciate that setting up all the new accounts in one go wouldn’t be easy for any company but it seems there are certain trends regarding direct debits and missing gas accounts. I can’t help but be worried that we are being stitched up by ending up paying more for our fuel and potentially being left with a large bill. 4 months in we should not be in this situation.

posted by MBE | 4 months ago

2 weeks ago we had a letter in the post advising us of our move from EE to SP and the new extortionate rate. I looked for new rates, found one and looked on line to see how to advise our reading and that we're moving. When I went on line I found we had an account - how ,I don't know. I looked at the bill and nearly fell off my chair. not 100% more than usual - nearly 400%  more. We have - apparently - been on this rate since November. I called up to be advised that we were sent numerous emails, plus an 'invoice' ( it was an American, so not a 'Bill') We weren't. I looked on the date he said we were sent our 'bill' and nothing there. He said he'd send another. He hasn't. Anyway, we are a business who receive over 200 emails per day most of which are people selling us stuff. Afterbeing told we'd been sent numerous emails, I looked to find about 10 all of which look like sales offers, non of which tell us our tariff.  Half of them tell us we don't need to do anyting, SP will be in touch . The American tells me I should have replied and I'd have found out, Ofgem tells me they should have advised the new tariff back in November. What on earth do I do now?

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hello MBE. Sorry to hear of your situation. Yes EE went bankrupt and Ofgem transferred all the accounts to SP. Now pay attention to your SP account, read your bills and send in readings to get accurate statements .  It is amazing you have only just realised what is happening since last November, there is a lot of correspondence here about the situation. Now you know,  take action to pay your accounts and put everything in order. 

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
PS MBE To find your kWh rates and other tariff terms they are printed on your bills (or invoices, we use that word in the UK as well as the USA)

posted by longworth7 | 3 months ago

I've done everything SP asked of me in the switch but i found the first issue was that they lost my original Gas meter read from  25th November.  I called in March and they said the electricity account was set up but they were having problems setting up the gas because of data issues from EE. They finally started taking a direct debit for Electricity from April but even with meter reads I have no usage or any kind of account balanace except what I've paid for 2 months on direct debit. I kept calling and provided more meter reads and still no balance so have absolutely no idea what I owe from November. I called again and they said they only had me down as having electricity! They looked up on the national databse to find they did indeed supply me with Gas too, but no account had ever been set up! I've escalated to a complaint and they still have not called me back even though Irequested an update. Every time I call no one can give me any explanation. I've been holding on to get it sorted but absolutely fed up so going to begin a switch to somone else this week!

posted by Andi | 3 months ago
Your issue is so similar to my own. My electric account is set up but not the gas. 6 months on and still not sorted. I raised a complaint and keep pestering via the online chat to be told no update as yet. I’m at a complete loss as what to do for the best now regarding my rights.