Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

Hello Andi. It seems that the gas data from EE caused problems and several people have reported no gas accounts. Put your situation in writing and keep regular meter readings which you can use to verify your usage.  Write to 

contactus@scottishpower.com

posted by Andi | 4 months ago
I have a very long chat message trail which I keep asking for updates and I keep giving monthly gas readings via this method. The gas account two weeks ago showed up for a few hours on the web account with the progress bar saying it should be completed by the 14th May. Great I thought. Nearly sorted. This was short lived though as I woke up to an email sent in the early hours the next day saying SP were sorry that I was choosing to leave and I had cancelled my account. Which I hadn’t!!. Another web chat eventually led to ‘I will find out immediately’. No feedback. Chased again for two subsequent weeks to be told there are no updates and they will be in touch when there is. Another week on and no update.
I also previously tried over paying a few months ago on the existing electricity account so I would be in credit by something at least only to have that money returned via cheque for being in credit.
At a total loss six months on and very frustrated and worried with now a large debt hanging over me through no fault of my own and feeling totally helpless not knowing where to turn next or how long I’m expected to be left in this situation.

posted by bobbyc | 4 months ago

I thought i was the only one left whose  extra energy account had not been sorted,7 months now , taking them forever to sort this out,quick enough to get there money from me every month, cannot wait till the day its sorted so  I can tell them what to do with there power, been in touch with offgem there just as useless

@Andi, Hello, appalling situation that they cannot set up a simple gas account. You should set aside the money for 7 months gas because they will eventually chase it, unfortunately it is likely to be quite a lot of money but if you are prepared it is better and you have been through a winter without paying for any gas.  The EE/SP saga must be coming near to an end now and they will start to tidy up the unresolved situations like yours.  Keep regular meter readings so you know that a future bill is accurate.

I can only hope but as the electricity bill is coming in higher. Not discounted for duel fuel etc. No ability to compare other suppliers due to no idea of tariff or usage. No idea of what the debt is going to be so therefore higher monthly bills when eventually sorted. Inability then to leave for a cheaper tariff due to aforementioned debt. And potentially jeopardising my tenancy with my landlord. So all round a right chuffing balls up of which all I get back is. We will be in touch.

@Andi good advice from Jonnel about switching. You must have some idea about your costs from your EE bills. You don’t need tariff details in order to switch. You probably need £1000 in a savings account to pay your SP closing statement. If it is less than that you can treat yourself with the savings left over.
By the way the dual fuel discount is tiny so you can ignore not having it, it’s about 20 a year.

@Andi   You have got me thinking now.  Gas readings are in cubic metres, for every 1000 gas cu.m you will pay about £450.

Plus there is a daily standing charge usually about £8/month

For electricity the readings are in kilowatt hours, for every 1000 kwh you will pay about £200, and then you also add a standing charge.

These numbers are approximate but I hope it helps you estimate your costs with SP since leaving EE.

Good Luck

Highlighted

Thanks for the info Dave.
The electricity is more than I paid previously with EE so I daren't even think about the gas. Even though I have some put aside there is no way I can imagine having enough in hand to allow me to pay them up in full and go with someone else . When you work to a tight budget any variation takes planning and accuracy. Hence the feeling of being totally trapped and helpless and at a loss
I guess I just have to wait it out
I will look into that calculation though. Thanks again

posted by longworth7 | 4 months ago
I decided to switch to octopus and the electricity switch is going fine but my gas switch has been stalled. Octopus emailed me saying the switching body has refused my gas switch for a reason such as I’ve switched too recently or something else so a Scottish Power power have screwed me yet again. I got an email notification saying a new direct debit had been authorised by SP and my bank so I wonder if it’s for the gas, but still no communication or reply on the matter! I just want to leave so I’m physically able to pay my bills!

posted by chrisScan | 3 months ago

I am still waiting to be transferred from Extra Energy, I did everything they asked read my meters months ago. My metres are all showing blank! For the past few months. 

Scottish power are not keeping me informed and they are ignoring my emails. They set up a D/D for £40 per month and my account is now in credit.

i have had no updates or communication.