Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

@chrisScan   Hi, you will get estimated bills if you do not send in a reading. Your meters have a keypad on them, press 9 and the meter reading will come on the screen. Make a note of it and put it in online in your SP account.  

posted by chrisScan | 3 months ago
Thank you, I did not know about pressing the no 9 button. When I was with EE I never had to do this, as I have a Smart metre. It’s not easy to get to the Electric metre either.
The online account for gas is not yet set up.

posted by bobbyc | 3 months ago

cancel youy DD. Better in your pocket than theres till they sort it out Make sure you put the money away ready for the bill when it comes.

posted by Runachim | 3 months ago
I'm also owned money by extra energy. My final bill 15/11/18 I was £150+ in credit and EE took out a further payment on 28/11/18, 3 days after they ceased trading. Have rung SP a couple of times but they don't seem interested. Direct debits with SP not set up until last month, now paying 2x more than with EE and this is after make a number of 1 off payments. I wonder how many people's accounts are still pending. Info on internet from SP States to be resolved by August

posted by Ronco | 3 months ago
Oh like you I'm owed hundreds as well, and there will be thousands like us.
My problem is that when SP took over my account there was no final or new start reading so I'm now fighting with them for a bill of over 4000 pounds when my annual bills have never been over 1200.

posted by Jonnel | 3 months ago

@Ronco Did you try submitting a SAR to PwC for your historic ExEn usage?

Sorry what is a SAR and who is PwC ?
Never heard anyone else mention this !!
They are currently working on back calculations on a weekly basis from 2 readings I sent them .

posted by Jonnel | 3 months ago

@Ronco I've been suggesting this to people as an option for a while but I don't know if it would work. It's free to do though, so may be worth a try.

Under GDPR2018 you have the right to submit a Subject Access Request to any company that holds data on you, asking them about the data they hold. They are legally obliged to provide you with that information (with a few provisos), and MUST respond to your request within a month by law. PwC are the ExEn administrators, who have had such a hard time of getting your information out of the ExEn accounts to begin the repayment process, so I would imagine THEY are the people who now hold your ExEn data, as ExEn is now defunct. So I would think they would be the people to ask about what your historic usage and payments were. If not them, then maybe Scottish Power has it.

If ExEn weren't in too bad a shape at record-keeping, your data on usage and payment history SHOULD be there to see and once you've got it (if they have it to give you) you can marry it up against what SP say and see if you agree or disagree with your final bill.

If you google 'the ICO', they have a website with guides for submitting a SAR. I say again - I don't know if this would get you the data you want - but it might, and it's free to try, so long as you ask the right company and ask for the right data.

Hi Jonnell
Thanks for that info and shall certainly retain all that should I need to take another course of action.

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@Ronco    By way of explanation @Jonnel is talking about the data protection Act which gives you access to personal data held by others, it is possibly not relevant to finding old invoices, but as he says it may help.

ICO Is the Information Commissioners Office

GDPR Is the General Data Protection Regulation

SAR is a Subject Access Request, which individuals can make to get a list of all data held concerning them

PwC Is Pricewaterhouse Coopers, one of the 'Big 4' UK auditors who are now in charge of the Extra Energy accounts.

It does sound like SP are investigating your case, and I hope you get it resolved with a bill close to what you are used to paying.