Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by JimmyB | 4 months ago
Re: Gas and electricity take over from extra energy

Could not agree more with  michala in previous post in that you must persevere with SP and get your account  set up . If you have made no payments since last November, make a one of payment using your debit card to bring the amount owed down. Their website has some good options to enable you to manage your account online once you are set up. I think we will all have to be patient. At the end of the day it is not SP’s fault, EE went bust. It is the Government who is at fault for making energy provision a profit driven business, with the inevitable consequences of creating a cut price war between the energy suppliers which can only result in casualties!!

posted by HG1 | 4 months ago

Managed to get a reply from contactus@scottishpower.com didnt really  help and did nothing for me so I submitted a complaint to the energy Ombudsman which can be found on Ofgem  site.

Not sure that it will get me anywhere but at least their computer acknowledged my complaint.

posted by IanHadEnuff | 4 months ago
Thank you, you’re probably right , but I guess it’s still worth a try. Mate something will come of it. Also just found out that my bank rejected the one and only bill from Scottish Power which was the final bill all in one go.. a good job it was rejected. The reason, yet more incompetency from Scottish Power, They failed to submit the agreed direct debit form, they just astound me how bad they are. Worse than NPower, yeah it’s a close run battle for who not to ever go with, oh no wait, neither...

It is strange they don’t bother defending themselves. Yeah change as soon as you can, if you can even start the ball rolling now with a switch using a comparison site. Any is better than SP, and there’s also a 14 day cooling off period. I found a decent supplier for my area that was just over 1/3 what SP we’re charging. They are a disgrace, switch as soon as u can

They will take it in one go, the direct debit will probably fail & SP will send u an email demanding payment, but it is their fault most direct debits have not been set up. You get a different number to call then and can arrange to spread the cost. But switch to another now, find a decent one, not necessarily the very cheapest. I went with a good one that’s a lot cheaper but you pay a little up front because they pre-purchase gas & elec, it’s a better way of doing it and should ensure a healthier survival rate for smaller suppliers. Worth a look

posted by Andi | 4 months ago
Managed to get a response online now. They have no record of my gas account with EE so will have to wait until they chase that !! Can’t believe this is taking this many months to transfer the details over After all my account was for both so surely both should be sent over Or is that common sense ?!?!?

I do hope they find your records, that’s terrible. I thought they were bad with me, that goes one better.. or worse I guess. It’s just become a farce. Although they acknowledge I was an EE customer it’s similar for me, they have no EE account usage details, which I find bizarre so they estimated how much I’d used with them, that was quite an argument I had with them, they eventually agreed to a direct debit of half what they wanted, which was never taken, as they never fully processed my account or direct debit. I had to leave. It’s just been nothing but **bleep** ups. I just hope that some of these problems of missing information works in some people’s favours. One thing I’ll take from this though, I will only ever go with a supplier that I can alter the direct debits when I want to, & will make sure I never over pay with any energy provider. I’m disabled had little income & was trying to prepare for winter when they went bust so I was a fair bit in credit, so lost quite a bit. Administrators can take up to 2years on average to sort this out, & we aren’t the priority. I know this is not good news, but I’ve been at the bad end of 5 liquidation/ administrations over the years, and have lost out on all. 2 of them I was employed, and only got 1/2 to 3/4 of wages owed. 1 other it was approx £70 and got pennies. A nursery/ day school, I was owed nearly £400, and got £17 odd back. The worst was a holiday investment in Bulgaria and lost €13,000, & £850 in legal costs, all our savings, that I really felt, and never got anything back. But the quickest pay up was 6 months, the worst was 4 years, which was the last one. It’s a horrible thing when that happens, I really hope none of this happens with EE customers, I just can’t see it getting sorted out quickly though. Banks & administrator fees always come before employees, then customers, suppliers etc. In this case suppliers may be higher in the list than us. in this case there will probably be a negotiation between government bailout protection, banks & distribution /supply payouts, that could take some time to settle.
If they have the records, I would say customers in debit will come before ones in credit, so they can sort out the plus column first. I hope this explains a bit about some of the process to people. SP are only a small link in the chain, and although a major priority at the start, they’re definitely not now. which doesn’t really explain all the **bleep** ups they are responsible for post EE, and months on..

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hi Ian, You have had an awful lot of bad luck with firms going bust, thanks for telling us about your experiences in such a well considered way. Like you I hope the EE credits will be paid out quickly, but there is no use complaining about this very complicated process. SP have been overwhelmed with their 100, 000 new customers and have pushed their  resources to the limit. 

posted by dawnie96 | 4 months ago
Just got a new bill in for over 100k. How is that even possible!!!!!

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hi Dawnie, If it is a real bill then something has gone very wrong. If it is only on the App or IHD then relax as there are computer problems. No way anyone could use £100k between November and March in a household.