Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a 3 phase Meter fitted

posted by OgilvyChalmers | 3 years ago

We are being told that Scottish Power can't meter a 3 Phase Supply it fitted. Does that make any sense? We only want one tariff and one bill nothing complicated

14 comments

posted by Davc | 3 years ago
Re: Getting a 3 phase Meter fitted

You could try the customer services for commercial clients who probably know about 3 phase meters. 

The Commercial line asks for an account number and puts the call straight back to the same switchboard as before?

Sorry I can’t suggest any more than to try customer services and ask to be put through to an expert.

The expert says there is no such thing as a three phase supply and logs a complaint which depends on a call back a week or so hence at an unspecified time.

The commercial team got us to fill in forms then said not us not responsible and forwarded the message to GRPPOD at Iberdrola but there are no contact details to follow up and it returns a not reply possible message in Spanish............

Actavo say they are not authorised to do 3 phase work and reject bookings by the domestic team........................

There are plenty of three phase meters on line, but it could be that you must have a commercial or small business account to get the right tariffs and readings. Looks like you will have to change supplier.  How did you manage before?

The previous supply was single phase but we were told it would not support the new replacement electric boiler. When SPEN fitted the three phase cable there was no suggestion it would be impossible to meter. We are left with a half wired house that cant be occupied no response from SP complaints, they failed to call back on the arranged date and no reassurance that  a meter will be fitted or when one will be fitted.

That is an amazing situation, if SPEN actually fitted it how could they leave it without a meter?? And why did not SPEN not work with their colleagues in SP about 3 phase metering?? So I suppose you have no power in the house now?? 

I think you need to go back to SPEN and ask for help, they probably have better customer service than SP, otherwise, as said earlier change supplier.  It is quite a common situation for farms and small commercial properties to have three phase power and I expect there are plenty of suppliers who can take over your account and fit a meter for you. You will have to explain the situation to them though. A local electrical contractor could also give you advice, and also the high-power boiler supplier must know suitable providers.

Fitting the meter is with the billing co ie SP not SPEN. SPEN seem efficient their response are fine.

It will take 6 weeks to change supplier and 4 at least to get a meter fitted so if we change thats accepting 10 weeks. Owner is hoping SP gets its supply issues sorted out before then but there is no reassurance that will happen.

posted by pollitt | 3 years ago
Really struggling to get a 3 phase meter fitted, i’ve SP to install a single phase instead but seem to getting no appointments. Any one else having this issue