Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error code onprepayment meter, have already used RTI code

posted by magz14 | A year ago

Put £40 on my key and my key not working, have used RTI code and my £40 has disappeared and not on my key and I’m in emergency credit! How can I get this sorted ASAP call centre is closed 

3 comments

posted by  Gordon | A year ago
Re: Getting error code onprepayment meter, have already used RTI code

Hi @magz14 have you managed to get this sorted? This article might be able to help with the error codes: https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Prepayment-meter-error-codes/ta-p/83/jump-to/first-unread-message

If that does not solve the issue then we would send an engineer out, as the call centres are closed on a Sunday this would be classed as an emergency and you should phone the relevant number from here: https://community.scottishpower.co.uk/t5/Emergency/tkb-p/emergency

posted by magz14 | A year ago
@Gordon don’t know what an engineer is going to do as the key is faulty not the meter! Was advised yesterday by call centre needed a new key but they gave me wrong information on doing this and now have debt accumulating at a ridiculous rate!

posted by  Gordon | A year ago

Hi @magz14, please don't worry about the debt, our customer service team will be able to help you with that when back online tomorrow as you have genuinely topped up your meter. It does sound like they will need to send an engineer out to look at your meter, however as long as you are still getting electricity and you are on supply today that is the main thing. Your electricity will not be disconnected due to emergency credit on a Sunday. Just give the customer service team a ring first thing tomorrow and they will be able to help you to sort this out.