Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help installing isolation switch and new CU during coronavirus times

posted by paulsherwood6 | A month ago

Hi and thanks for reading my first post.

I am dealing with a property supplied by Scottish Power and connected to SP Energy Networks. There is no isolation switch and no CU or modern fuse box (just old individual fused switches).  SP Energy Networks say it is Scottish Power's job to fit an isolation switch to allow work installing a consumer unit to proceed, but Scottish Power told me they weren't doing call-outs due to coronavirus. For an electriction to fit the isolation switch they would need SP Energy Networks to temporarily disconnect the property (which they said they cannot do), or to break the sealed service fuse, which would require SP Energy Networks consent and a visit to replace the seal. Can anyone help me figure out how .. or if ... I can get rid of these old fuses during the coronavirus epidemic. Thanks!

3 comments
Highlighted

posted by Jules79 | A week ago
Re: Help installing isolation switch and new CU during coronavirus times

Hi I am in the same predicament, i need an isolator switch fitting so i can have my electric car cahrger installed, but unless it is an emergency scottish power will not come out at present, apparently the service has been scaled down until further notice. They are the only ones who can fit this switch. I considered leaving scottish power and going to a different supplier but i am tied into a fixed tarriff. They recommended that i call back in two weeks and see if they have reopened this service. Other than that there is absolutely nothing i can do. Sorry not sure what else to advise other than to call them in 2 weeks. 

Highlighted

posted by Gillyallan | A week ago
Not sure SP problem of working. Every other f... Erm person is back at work.
Highlighted

posted by paulsherwood6 | A week ago
Thanks for the replies.