Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with new tarriff

posted by HayleyCropper | A month ago
My fixed tarriff ends at the end of the month and I’ve looked at the new tarriffs… somethings not right. I live in a 1 bed house with 1 other person and we both both 9-5. 5days a week. Currently paying £126 a month and annual is £1165. How are my bills going up to £3652? Is this right in line with the increase or do I need to call Scottish power before my tarriff ends? Just need some advice as I can’t afford the new prices even with a 2nd job 3 nights a week.
6 comments

Top answer

posted by DavC1 | A month ago
Re: Help with new tarriff

@HayleyCropper It is a common problem, in your case do nothing and you will get the price capped default tariff which will be the cheapest for you.  Make sure that you send  SP recent meter readings so that hey don't charge you based on estimated use, if you are a low user you may already be due a refund.  

posted by HayleyCropper | A month ago
I have a smart meter at home and have done for way over a year. Not sure why all these prices are estimated. After a few months of obviously not using £303 worth of energy will I be able to reduce the payments? It’s almost half my rent! That’s madness.

posted by DavC1 | A month ago

@HayleyCropper  Your bill will say if the readings were estimated.   If you find that the smart system is not working send in a manual reading as soon as possible.

posted by Chattylady2022 | 4 weeks ago
I totally feel your pain, my bills have jumped up fromm £117 per month to £360, we live in a small flat in central London with no one home during the day and not much going on at night so I cant understand how they can say it is our consumption. Our new tariff is double the national average at 54p for elec and 18p for gas. This surely cannot be right .

posted by DavC1 | 4 weeks ago

@Chattylady2022   Those costs for gas and electricity are the highest yet reported, but sadly this is the world we live in now.  Your DD monthly charge takes account of average costs over the coming 12 months including the winter, that is why it is high now during the heat wave.   Make sure SP have accurate meter readings to avoid estimates. 

posted by Monraker | An hour ago

I'm glad I am not alone as my monthly DD has gone up  and is now £4 a month more than my state pension! As I am  a non tax payer Liz Truss is not helping me at all. She should help everyone by bringing down the cost of petrol, diesel, gas and electric.