Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping you pay your bill

posted by max777 | 11 months ago

I,m a single mum  on a low wage i cancelled my dd with scottish power cos was struggling to pay the 90 pm cost , but all i get from this company is constant emails asking me to pay the letter i get is thank you with your promise to pay

What is annoying is i dont owe them money yesterday i gave my readings there was £5.00 owed from my last reading which was paid yesterday ,now iv generated a new bill and my electric seems very high 53.00 i live in a 3 bed house with my son we both work so not here in day, i have gas oven and gas central heating no dishwasher so my electric seems very high for light and power sockets spoke to them said they cld put me on a cheaper tariff of 67 pm but if i do this via cash monthly i have 15 days to clear it which i told them i cant do will need longer to pay , i never end up owing them after 30 days they tell you if your struggling to let them no asap which ive done so hows that helping me by then sending constant emails with my promise to pay and reminders to pay ( do you not think i no i owe you) how is this helping me im just trying to get through the month doing the best i can do with the money i earn , i dont owe you hundreds ,it just takes me abit longer then sp want ................. fed up

2 comments

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: Helping you pay your bill

Very sorry to hear your money problem. The only way to get rid of the emails is to try to hit the payment targets, fuel is the most expensive household bill these days after food. 

Highlighted

posted by Hooloovoo | 10 months ago
Re: Helping you pay your bill

If you can't afford your bills at your current usage level, then you have no choice but to reduce your usage.  Simply not paying clearly isn't an option.