Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a payment online?

posted by BA | 3 months ago

All I want to do is log on and pay my bill by card.

Where is the option to do this? 

Letter say go to "scottishpower.co.uk/makeapayment " but this returns error 404. 

The help files say log into your account and click "make a payment"  then "make one-off payment" but having gone through the my account section many times these buttons/links don't seem to exist. 

I had a similar problem last time and finally found a way, but I have a feeling it was through the page that is now 404.

This website is genuinely infuriating  to use

13 comments

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Re: How do I make a payment online?

That is strange, could be a short term error. On my iPad the payment option on the App comes up easily. 

I'm trying to pay through the website  rather than through an app, if that is the difference

posted by marthed | 3 months ago

I have the same issue! It's like the button to make one-off payments has just disappeared from the website. Now trying to download the app - why do they make it so difficult to pay a bill?

posted by Fallon1986 | 3 months ago
I usually use my app but it's been updated and there is nowhere I can find to make any sort of payment

I finally got through to it here: https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/my-account/oneoffpayment.process?execution=e3s1

I'd clicked on so many things and tried so many times I don't actually know what did the trick in the end.

One tip, their dodgy login screen takes you straight to your account page, rather than the url you were trying to visit before being redirected by login, so if it comes up when going to the address above, you'll have to login in, then enter the url a second time (and hope it keeps you logged in) to actually get to the page.

posted by bing | 3 months ago
  • Totally agree. This is the worst website ever, logs me out constantly and I have no idea how to make a payment 

posted by JoaoLucas | 2 months ago

Thanks for the help, i have the same issue in the app and in the website. I've raised that with support at least 2/3 times no difference.... worst client service, app and website - changing provider asap!

Joao

posted by Davc | 2 months ago

Hello Moto

Look a few posts above yours and you will find this good advice

One tip, their dodgy login screen takes you straight to your account page, rather than the url you were trying to visit before being redirected by login, so if it comes up when going to the address above, you'll have to login in, then enter the url a second time (and hope it keeps you logged in) to actually get to the page.