Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to Post and Reply on the Community

posted by gdw48 | A year ago

I have clicked on reply to post from peple who have kindly replied, but nothing happens. No reply box opens. ??? Help

12 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: How to Post and Reply on the Community

Hello gdw Recently you cannot post several times on the same login session.  This is annoying, you have to close the session and sign in again in order to post. I do it all the time. 

Highlighted

posted by Strider | A year ago

Why  cannot you get a reply when you make a complaint to Scottish power? Then either just do not reply or just waffle.

Highlighted

posted by paulgregory | 8 months ago

I recently switched supplier from E-On to Scottish Power. My smart meter has stopped working. Do I have to take any action to rectify this or will SP sort it out with either an upgrade or to install a compatible smart meter?

Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | 8 months ago
@paulgregory Unfortunately, because there has been so much in the press over the last few years about how smart meters only work for the supplier who fitted them, I suspect SP assume people know they wont work when seeking to switch to them, so don't feel it necessary to draw attention to it. It would risk them losing your business, after all....

You stand more chance of being kissed by a daisy then SP fitting a new smart meter or fixing your existing one. They only get paid by the government for new installations.

But the good news is your old one will eventually come smart again - the firm tasked with doing this is looking at maybe 2022 for 75% coverage of the country - but in the meantime it'll probably work again if you change back to the supplier who fitted it.
Highlighted

posted by Strett | 8 months ago
Haha SP are vultures I use approximately 35 pounds a month Energy I want to set up DD but they have quoted me 44 quid They also offered smart meters probably more cost? I enter accurate meter readings online so guess what you can do with your smart meter 😂
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
@Strett. If your average monthly cost is £35 then I guess Dec Jan and Feb are higher and June July August lower. So if you are starting a new DD in December it’s not really surprising that it is set above the average until next spring.
Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | 8 months ago

@Strett That's exactly how SP do business - they run their company off the back of their customers' credit balances.

If your usage is £35 a month summer, they charge you £44 and say it's to build up a credit balance for the winter.

If your usage is £35 a month winter, they charge you £44, then ask for £200 to lower it. Ask anyone who's tried to get a DD lowered or get a refund of credit - it's like getting blood out of a stone.

Once Sturgeon's got her way and Iberdrola realise they can't stuff the whole of the UK for profit, they'll cut SP  loose and they'll go under. Mark my words, you read it here first.

Highlighted

posted by john_sp | 7 months ago

I am on quarterly bills yet useless Scottish power have decided to estimate my bill and have billed me 6 times with an imaginary amount! Despite calling them each time and having to explain I am on quarterly billing some of the advisers on the phones understand and promise it won't happen again, others it's like the dead zone and no amount of explanation can get through to them!! Now waiting for bailiffs to arrive as I got a final demand for the fictitious amount at 3:30 this morning, I have phoned and explained again but don't have much hope with this totally useless company,next stop ombudsman or change supplier as they only seem to want to harass me

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
@john_sp. You can send in your latest meter readings and this will correct the estimate and raise an accurate bill. This might be out of the quarterly cycle but at least it will be correct and up to date.
Estimated bills are still bills that have to be paid so if you do not send correct readings SP will expect you to pay the estimate.