Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read a smart meter with Economy 7

posted by AGL9999 | A month ago

I have a new Honeywell AS302P Smart Meter SMETS2 that does not have a keypad. In house display only shows day reading for electricity. How can I read meter to find night reading?

6 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: How to read a smart meter with Economy 7

@AGL9999   There was a query yesterday abour an A302P meter.  The picture attached shows two grey buttons to the right of the screen, are they buttons? do they have any function?  Thanks for a reply.

posted by AGL9999 | A month ago

Hello. Yes, that is the one that they installed recently. I have tried pressing the two grey buttons. Most of the information displayed means nothing to me so I would like to know how to find the two meter readings, day and night. The in house display only shows the day reading. I was up in the night and checked to see if it switched to the night reading, but it does not.

posted by Davc | A month ago

@AGL9999   Thanks for the reply, it is good to know those buttons work.  I would guess the top button displays a reading. On some systems first press gives day, second press gives night and third press gives total. Try it out, It is really bad that the installers don’t tell you how to use the equipment they put in. I could not find any instructions on the internet. You could try ringing your installer for advice. 

posted by jenw | A week ago

This meter, AS302P has two grey buttons in a vertical line. You press the top button first then you press the bottom button 3 times in succession. Now press top button then bottom button then top button which gives day reading now press the bottom button to give night reading.

So in all the sequence of pressing the buttons are top button 1, 5, 7

Bottom button 2, 3, 4, 6, 8

you need to see Boost with arrow pointing to it.  Hope this helps.

posted by AGL9999 | A week ago

Thank you. It worked fine.

posted by Buttybean | Yesterday

Hi thanks also for the button sequence that seems to work, I've looked everywhere for some guidance on this. It seems a bit strange that you can't actually get the meter readings on the home display unit directly. so much for smart technology.