How do I set up my direct debit ?
18 comments

posted by cossackhat36 | 9 months ago
Re: How to set up my direct debit

I want to set up a direct debit?????

Highlighted

posted by Jonnel | 9 months ago

@cossackhat36 You'll probably need to go through customer service to ensure they tie your DD details into your SP account properly rather than just setting it up at your bank. You might want to check the tariff you're on at the moment too, because some offer a small discount if you pay by monthly DD, so though small, if it's offered, I would have it.

You could also try their dedicated CARD payment phoneline, just in case there's a person there rather than an automated system. I've not used it, so it might be either. Don't give them your card details, of course, but if it's a real human on the line, they might be able to pass you over to someone who can arrange it rather than you waiting for a couple of hours in a queue on the customer 'service' line...

0800 001 5115

posted by Bonny | 9 months ago

I've been moved over from Extra Energy and called immediately to confirm my DD details, as requested in a letter from Scottish Power, The advisor assured me it was all set up. I then received another letter a few weeks later syaing I had not responded to the first notification and my bill would cost more. I called again, and was assured that actually by DD details were in the system and the letter was a mistake.   Absolutely shoddy Transcomms process there.

I have now received an email saying the transfer of my account is complete but as I have not responded to the request for DD detail confirmation I will now be placed on the Quarterly CAsh payment method which will cost me more. 

I have tried to set it up Online but the site just misdirects you around and pushes you to call to change your tarriff???

I doubt that calling in for a 3rd time will make any difference to the incorrect comms I keep getting. 

posted by CasDevon | 9 months ago
Re: How to set up my direct debit and get someone to answer the phone !!!!

I was transfered to scottish power from extra energy (not my choice). I was requested to set up a DD which i tried to via a call and wasent able to due to the account "not up and running yet" their words. so now they have billed me a quarterly bill . I have tried on many many occastions to ring them  but get put on hold for up to 30 mins and then get cut off. I am absolutly disscusted with the service. Any idea how i actually get to speak to someone on here ???

posted by Mightybaby | 8 months ago

Tried four times to set up a direct debit after my wife passed away. Four different advisors assured me that my direct debit was set up and offered apologies etc. Now I,ve received two bills for £108, to be paid. I am going to set up d/debit online, as speaking to an advisor is a complete waste of time. Scottish Power should be ashamed of the way they treat their customers, and the people who are putting these advisors on the end of the phone should seriously think again. Absolutely disgusting.

posted by spooky123 | 8 months ago

I need to set up my new direct debit.

posted by cossackhat36 | 8 months ago

DONE?????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted by Ramon | 8 months ago
I feel your pain.
I am also an EX Extra Energy customer and did not get any letter from either Extra Energy or Scottish Power when the liquidation/takeover was happening last year.
Consequently I am now in arrears of payment as I am not set up for direct debit ! Not good enough service....Poor

posted by Jaya | 8 months ago

I need to set up direcf debit payment monthly.